whispering wednesday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
no odd words from me, never got what S was on.

Early start today following on from yday's late finish. Onwards and upwards. I'll return to discuss my lunch.

Side note missus was happy Big Sam got fired. She had to deal with him when his granddaughter attended her school. Never had a nice word to say about him
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• Interesting... today:
    Flaneur wrote:
    ...Side note missus was happy Big Sam got fired. She had to deal with him when his granddaughter attended her school. Never had a nice word to say about him...

Meanwhile, yesterday:
    Flaneur wrote:
    ...then off to the movies where I shall indulge myself into a sugar coma so the Date can watch Bridget Jones #sacrifices...

Freudian Slip, or something we should know has happened!?!??!?! :twisted:

Meanwhile, friends visiting yesterday have moved on. Fine dinner over several bottles of shiraz was had last night and a load of brekky and coffee this morning to see them off. Rest of the day was recovery, some minor efforts here and there which rapidly petered out to a couple of power-naps. There will be a walk later perhaps.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Hmm, power naps, that's a good idea.
    Morning folks,
    Quite a pleasant ride in this morning, bit fresh but soon warmed up. Nothing special going on today other than pub later as it's Wednesday. Tomorrow is looking likely to be rather busier unfortunately.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Another weird waking up this morning, dozing and then this odd noise. Thought it might be the central heating rattling but the thermostat isn't turned up. Turned out to be the DAB radio alarm with bugger all signal.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Good observation that WS.

If you start the thread with an ambiguous thread title, using some obscure lyrics from a lesser known pop group, anything you say after that may be construed as deep and metaphorical, such as: "I got up and I had breakfast".
    ...and you're asking yourself 'What does he mean 'I had breakfast' '?!
    It's a deliberate ploy to distract us from the banality of his existence. Not that any of our lives are that interesting, hey Flaneur?

Morning

Thought I had shed this frikkin head banging head cold in record time but alas, no. I should buy shares in Kleenex.
    Where's that bloody irritating Womble and the minion muncher and the over baked sun seeker?

Me doing little today me. Leccy bloke starts work Friday so I will be resigned to odd jobs and tidying at PPP but keeping the decks clear has enormous merit.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work followed by prepping the bathroom for painting - I think it would be more fun to go to the pub
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work followed by prepping the bathroom for painting - I think it would be more fun to go to the pub
    Did I mention it's Wednesday and I'm going to the pub? :mrgreen:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    We expect a full report of the condition of your aris tomorrow morning.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited September 2016
    Excellent spot Wheelspinner. I guess whiskey must sharpen the senses. Hopefully that will provoke Flaneur into a full and detailed explanation.

Disappointed to learn that pics of Pippa Middletons bottom stolen from her iCloud account have been banned and won't be published :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Bloody tradesmen... See this is why I tend to do most things myself because at least when they're not done right I've only myself to blame.

We're so busy at work I thought I'd give the job of managing what is essentially a small job to a builder who came reccomended. Suffice to say, my lad could have organised it better.

Gonna make a decent lamb curry tonight to cheer me up.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    after a distinct downturn yesterday, day has progressed from ugh to meh

hoping to reach ok by end of the week, with the possibility of wooyay if things go well

pinno, i know where there're 20 celotex sheets, probably can be had for a donation to charity, BUT they'd need collecting weekday central london

given the normal price, i doubt this is economic but if you think there's a way let me know and i'll check exactly which type it is - size looks right, alu both sides, a few minor nicks/dings in some of them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Changed a washer in a tap, went out for coffee, it's too hot, the weather not the coffee or the tap :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    after a distinct downturn yesterday, day has progressed from ugh to meh

hoping to reach ok by end of the week, with the possibility of wooyay if things go well

pinno, i know where there're 20 celotex sheets, probably can be had for a donation to charity, BUT they'd need collecting weekday central london

given the normal price, i doubt this is economic but if you think there's a way let me know and i'll check exactly which type it is - size looks right, alu both sides, a few minor nicks/dings in some of them

Size please SG: W x H x L. Quite happy to make a charitable donation. If you PM me a postcode, I could make transport enquiries. If it works out, i'll take them. Can they be prepared for transportation? Having been a truck driver for a few years before the waste management bizness/extortion/money laundering and general slave labour period, the two things are mutually conducive to getting things here relativity cheaply.

I forgot, you don't take PM's - the option is not available on your profile :roll: Probably best as you would get inundated with Dear SG messages complaining about ambiguous thread titles.

Still need a postcode though.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Might be saved as the guy is coming over later to finish tiling the floor, so best not to walk on it later :)
  • Flâneur
    TLW does serious planning to achieve the end goal of going the pub.

WS - no idea, subconscious has caught me out. I'll state that I am overtired and visit the doctor for a check up immediately. May have been that film last night has left me in a mentaly weakened state, I'll hit the gym then go for a pint! (Side note I really can't drink more than 2 pints / 4 bottles, I'll stick to gin)

House sale is now complete so once again cash rich, bike shop here I come, i meant estate agents and other sensible things honestly.

Debating to buy a project house or not
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Pinno, we pay £2.98 + vat for a 1200mm x 450mm sheet of Cellotex. Just as a comparison for you.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'm in need of some 60mm celotex (GA4060), at least 18 sheets 8' x 4'. Just sayin'
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Side note I really can't drink more than 2 pints / 4 bottles, I stick to gin
    I'm not surprised you can't manage more than 2 pints then.
  • 2 pints of gin is pushing it, assuming that's neat?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    2 pints of gin is pushing it, assuming that's neat?

with lime, or cucumber if it is Hendricks, we can ignore the fancy ones with fancy fruit in em
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Pinno, we pay £2.98 + vat for a 1200mm x 450mm sheet of Cellotex. Just as a comparison for you.

Not far off me. Have to go online - £3.02 + vat. I need 200 of the 1200 x 450 x 40/50mm w :roll:

All orders above £250 from Insulation giant are post free. Going to do it on 2 lots as i'll run out of storage space.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Pinno wrote:
    Where's that bloody irritating Womble and the minion muncher and the over baked sun seeker?
    At the risk of irritating you, I couldn't turn down the offer of free lunch at a very posh restaurant so had no time to post anything. Then went straight back to minion hunting as I'm closing in on them now :)

Only downside is I've been 'volunteered' to go to the school GCSE syllabus evening so now sitting on the train to bloody Orpington with no dinner in prospect for a good while. Just as well I stuffed my face earlier.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Woke up - headache

Set up the new CAADX - why on Earth can't I ask for it to be delivered without a bazillion reflectors, bells and stickers festooned all over it?

Few jobs around the house - am on gardening leave so keeping myself occupied.....

Headache still not gone so ditched the idea of a quick spin, will head out tomorrow instead.

Laters.
  • pinno
    Woke up - headache

Set up the new CAADX - why on Earth can't I ask for it to be delivered without a bazillion reflectors, bells and stickers festooned all over it?

What, don't you want a Dork disc?!
  • pinno
    Remember this VN? Did he use it much?

bike.jpg
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:

bike.jpg
    Still does, new forks after a very sudden stop though. Actually rides really well, I think it's a good quality frame. No idea what though.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

bike.jpg
    Still does, new forks after a very sudden stop though. Actually rides really well for a farm gate.

FTFY
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    It is a big old frame, but then he is a big unit. Looking at that picture the saddle, wheels and crankset have also been replaced. I should probably make it a single speed as he tends to leave it in a high gear and use brute strength and ignorance. Problem being I like having gears on it if I ever use it.