OT: good value 1 night stay in London

Tashman
Tashman Posts: 3,400
edited September 2016 in Commuting chat
Hi, I'm hoping those of you with knowledge of the big smoke might be able to help.

Over half-term, Tashwife, Tashboy (9), Tashgirl (7) and I are looking to spend a couple of days being tourists in London - Museums, Palaces, Parks all that sort of stuff. Can anyone recommend somewhere that is very good value for us to crash? Not after bells and whistles, just somewhere clean and comfy to lay our weary bones for the night.

TIA

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Travelodge ?

Or maybe a serviced apartment ?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    How are you getting to London?
    We stayed here because it was reasonably priced, easy to get to by car and the parking was free: http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/ ... nford.html

Tube was about 10 minutes walk away and it took about 30 mins to the city centre. There's a supermarket nearby but not much else.

No use if you're arriving by train.
  • inbike
    inbike Posts: 264
    Staybridge Suites near Vauxhall Station.

c.£100-150/night, nice and new, walking distance to the houses of parliament (20 min), has a hotel dog, next to a lovely pub.

It's also near a Boris Bike dock, on the quiet cycle route to Waterloo and has easy/safe access to the NS and EW cycle superhighway. There's a pretty good cycle route to the South Ken museums as well.
  • inbike
    inbike Posts: 264
    This thread might be useful... https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/291008/
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Airbnb (whatever the feck that is)?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Go with a Premier Inn or something. It's easy to get tubes, buses (although I hate those things) etc, or walk across the bridges and get some pix with the London Eye or Parliament etc in the background.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."