vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited September 2016 in The cake stop
Deleted

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Deleted
    Sounds a bit harsh. Thought they only sacked him?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Our most successful England manager, 100% winning record :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,443
    Waits all that time and blows it straight away. What a tool. As a Welshman I'm disappointed he's gone.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Sam the not the man.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Pint of wine.

Napkin over his face like a KFC lemon wipe.

Stunning.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Looks like Nigel Pearson could be free soon...
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    "Big Sam"? Massive idiot more like

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I received an official looking letter this morning. Jury duty. Phew! Thank God for that. At first I thought I had been called up to be England Manager.
  • pinno
    I received an official looking letter this morning. Jury duty. Phew! Thank God for that. At first I thought I had been called up to be England Manager.

You might be attending Allardyce's trial.
  • Anonymous
    Pinno wrote:

You might be attending Allardyce's trial.

Over and done in an afternoon then
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    I had to attend jury service once.

The standard of intelligence in the jury pool was woeful, to the degree that the bone questions being asked by my fellow jurors after a simple 3 minute power point presentation was frightening

If you think about the level of intelligence of the average person, which isn't that great then consider half the population are thicker, by varying degrees, than that benchmark, then you realize we are all doomed.

hqdefault.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Best to try and get out of jury service if you can. So far I've never been selected for it

Anyone watch Keith Richards take over TV last week? He had the Hancock's half hour when he was a juror with Sid James. They were rigging the jury. Sid to get another 4 days pay out of them. Hancock was just trying to get the defendant off. They got all to go not guilty but Hancock suddenly changed his mind after something the other juror said. Very funny with a twist at the end. If juries are like that then perhaps a change of system?
  • Anonymous
    Slowmart wrote:

If you think about the level of intelligence of the average person, which isn't that great then consider half the population are thicker

Yes, I think I am beginning to notice that more often in recent times. :roll:
  • I did not understand the original choice... thinking we are crap hence we deserve a crap manager is one thing, paying £ 3M for a crap manager is a completely different ball game. I think the FA is a bunch of muppets, they had the opportunity of taking on board Redknapp, who was keen to do the job, while they chose Hogson, who had a long history of international under achievements... at least he was a gentleman, while this one was crap and a crook... I think it's time to send the FA management home
    left the forum March 2023
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    The entirety of Football is beyond a joke. How on earth they can pay Managers and players multi-millions for kicking a bag full of wind around for 90 minutes is beyond me.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • drlodge wrote:
    The entirety of Football is beyond a joke. How on earth they can pay Managers and players multi-millions for kicking a bag full of wind around for 90 minutes is beyond me.

That's the business they generate... one might argue that there are a number of dodgy figures who earn the same or more without even kicking the ball around... Do you know that Mino Raiola, Pogba's manager (among other players) pocketed 20% of the transfer fee, that is around 15 M pounds, for facilitating a transfer... how about that for a joke?
    left the forum March 2023
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I did not understand the original choice... thinking we are crap hence we deserve a crap manager is one thing, paying £ 3M for a crap manager is a completely different ball game. I think the FA is a bunch of muppets, they had the opportunity of taking on board Redknapp, who was keen to do the job, while they chose Hogson, who had a long history of international under achievements... at least he was a gentleman, while this one was crap and a crook... I think it's time to send the FA management home

Not entirely sure anyone could be confident that 'arry has been whiter than white.
  • Entrapment , dont care who you are , rich, poor, public, its shit , Scum press if you ask me.
    "He who is with out sin"
    regards
    ILG
  • ilovegrace wrote:
    Entrapment , dont care who you are , rich, poor, joe public, its s**t , Scum press if you ask me.
    "He who is with out sin"
    regards
    ILG
  • pinno
    Let's hope that corruption in the FA is unearthed from all of this and then perhaps; change.