Grips

dnbnick
dnbnick Posts: 23
edited September 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I'm just after a bit of feedback on some grips I'm thinking of getting the Crank Brothers Cobalt Grips or any better ones out there as spoilt for choice really.

Thx in advance.

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I have small hands so use ergon thin GE1 grips.
  • Yeah cheers m8 I'll definitely have a look at them GE1'S
  • Been using Renthal lock-ons for a few years and will buy a new set as replacements (come in 4 compounds from 'kevlar' through to super-soft).
    I find the medium compound is the most comfortable for my riding style (screaming while holding on for dear life).
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Been using Renthal lock-ons for a few years and will buy a new set as replacements (come in 4 compounds from 'kevlar' through to super-soft).
    I find the medium compound is the most comfortable for my riding style (screaming while holding on for dear life).
    Yeah thx I go take a look now
  • Generally, Crank Bros kit is style before function.
    My favourite grips are ODI Ruffians.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    My personal favourites are Lizard Skins Peaty. Fairly long lasting, soft and squidgy and stick like glue.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Another one here using Renthal lock on's. Mine are the Kevlar variety. Had them on for just over a year, covered a few thousand miles and are still really comfy and grippy. The only signs of wear are that the pattern on the grips now have a few smooth spots, but I think they have covered 4000 miles worth of XC riding now.

I'll be buying them again when I feel the need. I'll also be getting some Renthals for my commuter bike at some point.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    + another 1 for Ruffians

Superstar do a pretty good 'copy' at about half the price. Whether they last as long... Not sure
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I'm using Vans waffle sole grips, I like the soft rubbery texture and they're grippy as hell.
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Using Lizard Skins Northshore. Bought them also as they were larger diameter. However, still find them too small really as don't always like the fact that I can so easily touch my palm with fingertips. Hands are big, but not unusually. Anyone use something chunkier on the bars?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Something a bit different to the other suggestions, I like the Ritchey WCS closed cell foam, a nice shape that fits in the hand giving ample grip and good comfort, excellent buzz absorption as well.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.