'No Sheep till Buxton' Monday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
SG's thread titles are way too sophisticated so here's one of a line of titles inspires by the immortal Macc Lads :)

On the train in, would limes to have been pedalling but had to leave the bike at.work last week to dash home. More interviewing to take place today, its getting a bit boring now...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

got up late as you lot are such misery gutses about precision posting

skipping the 0800 webex as i can't be arsed, if they want my help they need to choose a more acceptable time

cafe soon, office, leave early
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the train in, would limes to have been pedalling...
    Funny how your autocorrect defaults to limes. This isn't the CC you know, if you do that thing with limes and string on the train you'll get arrested.

Morning folks,
    Managed to pedal in this morning but it wasn't a particularly pleasant one, park is still shut in the morning for the cull and some cnut in a big lorry tried to kill me to death. Hoping to get through the rest of the day in one piece, others may not be so lucky, might try to get some peace and quiet at some point, slim hope of that.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Was able to get my state pension forecast this morning. :(
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Ning. Back to the dreary work. Dropped the bike with a friend at a certain energy drink sponsored motorsport team to do a quick repair on cable exit on my handlebars after I ran them way way to short. Also prepping the garage (basically clearing a chunk of it) for a workbench which palletline are apparently dumping on my drive tomorrow.
    Bike will be done later then home to clear an spin. Signed up for Silverstone TT which was a little silly!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Ballysmate wrote:

Cloudy with outbreaks of pessimism? :D

Saw my state pension forecast and immediately calculated it in terms of new bikes per annum!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Work meh in the centre of Birmingham means no potato for lunch and a shoot commute home

Later the kids are involved in something for Shrewsbury town, so I hope to get home before seven to go with them, I'm not hopefull
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Funny how your autocorrect defaults to limes. This isn't the CC you know, if you do that thing with limes and string on the train you'll get arrested.
    So I'd be OK with the jar of liver?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ciao

Sun is shining, ridd ridded, weights weighted, Chavez around and went for a spin in the sun on the premise of doing a recce for a job, now drinking coffee.

So thank you for paying for a quite lovely day so far.

Ciao.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • More DIY stuff.. the list is endless..

Couple of possible new jobs discussed - that's progress.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    currently in denial that i may be a little ill, it's all in the mind, if I ignore it it will go away.

meeting done for the day now just take it easy until 5 and the pedal my way home hopefully after the rain has stopped.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    currently in denial that i may be a little ill, it's all in the mind, if I ignore it it will go away.
    I wish my daughter would have that attitude. :?
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So I'd be OK with the jar of liver?
    Yes, that'll be fine.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    team47b wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Cloudy with outbreaks of pessimism? :D

Saw my state pension forecast and immediately calculated it in terms of new bikes per annum!

Minus sundries, Vinho and chrome polish? Just asking like.
    sungod wrote:
    ...got up late as you lot are such misery gutses about precision posting

There's no need for that sentiment to be plural.

Evening Nork Supports and Jock Straps

Unlike Friday's debacle, I actually got stuff done today. I felt quite smug until I spoke to builder mate who thinks I need to take a load bearing intermediate wall out and re-build. :roll: F*ckety f*ck.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

it was for dramatic effect

meh day, trying to avoid going to qatar for a meeting next week, salient points: illegal to bring in alcohol, about 9 quid for a bottle of beer in a hotel bar that's likely to be reeking of tobacco smoke, i won't continue the description, it's too depressing, the horror, the horror
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

it was for dramatic effect

meh day, trying to avoid going to qatar for a meeting next week, salient points: illegal to bring in alcohol, about 9 quid for a bottle of beer in a hotel bar that's likely to be reeking of tobacco smoke, i won't continue the description, it's too depressing, the horror, the horror

Remember SG, If you're not part of the solution there's good money to be made prolonging the problem.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Built a bit of studwork ready for the plasterer tomorrow and insulated the shit out of a cavity.

Hopefully the dump I'm currently sat in will start looking better soon.

Just chilling with a nice Sauvignon blanc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Built a bit of studwork ready for the plasterer tomorrow and insulated the shoot out of a cavity.

Hopefully the dump I'm currently sat in will start looking better soon.

Just chilling with a nice Sauvignon blanc.

Mine isn't looking better :(

The slate for the new log burner in the dining room was broke on arrival, so they can't complete the job

The tiles in the bathroom are too brittle, so the guy fitted all bar one yesterday after braking too many
  • pinno
    Oh no, don't talk building woes.

How about finding me the cheapest 200 sheets of 50mm 1200mm x 450mm Kingspan/Celotex Al backed, 58 sheets of tapered edge Gyproc and 30 25mm 1200 x 2400mm Alu backed Celotex/Kingspan. For less than 1100 squiddles.
  • sungod
    Slowmart wrote:
    Remember SG, If you're not part of the solution there's good money to be made prolonging the problem.

made me think of the classic mc5 intro...

"Brothers and Sisters
    I wanna see a sea of hands out there.
    Let me see a sea of hands.
    I want everybody to kick up some noise.
    I wanna hear some revolution out there, brothers
    I wanna hear a little revolution.
    Brothers and sisters, the time has come
    For each and every one of you to decide
    Whether you are gonna be the problem,
    Or whether you are gonna be the solution.
    You must choose, brothers, you must choose.
    It takes 5 seconds, 5 seconds of decision.
    Five seconds to realize that it's time to move.
    It's time to get down with it.
    Brothers, it's time to testify and I want to know,
    Are you ready to testify?
    Are you ready?
    I GIVE YOU A TESTIMONIAL, THE MC5 !!!!"
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no, don't talk building woes.

How about finding me the cheapest 200 sheets of 50mm 1200mm x 450mm Kingspan/Celotex Al backed, 58 sheets of tapered edge Gyproc and 30 25mm 1200 x 2400mm Alu backed Celotex/Kingspan. For less than 1100 squiddles.

I had a great mate who worked for a National Chain of builders merchants who said he could get me anything at staff discount, he left as I started the work - bl00dy marketing people :(
  • What do you need tapered edge for? Please tell me you're not taping and jointing a house!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    What do you need tapered edge for? Please tell me you're not taping and jointing a house!

Yep.
  • :shock: :roll:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    :shock: :roll:

Relax, it's straightforward. All you need is jointing plaster, Ames tapers, some sand paper and one of these:

M-T3510DS.jpg

...and a week to do it :D
  • Pro tip of the day, don't over fill your joints.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Pro tip of the day, don't over fill your joints.

I won't be filling any joints.