OT: Budget Over Ear Headphones

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited September 2016 in Commuting chat
I remember someone on here who used to sell headphones so thought this was the best place.

Need some new headphones for when I'm on the turbo....and occasionally to use to watch videos/listen to music on the phone.

Just need pointing in the direction of a decent shop/website or better still any decent headphones. Not looking to spend too much as their use will be limited, but would still prefer something half decent, and probably wireless. My current are on their way out because the wire has been pulled and yanked too often despite being a longer cable than the norm.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    The mistake was to ask for 'budget' headphones.

Like this lot would know about that ;)

What's the budget?
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Joelsim sells headphones IIRC
  • dinyull
    Haha

No real strict budget simply as I have no idea how much a wireless pair would cost.

Let's say, decent entry level.
  • dinyull
    imatfaal wrote:
    Joelsim sells headphones IIRC

That's the guy I had in mind, but think I remember he had to tap out.
  • CoalTheCat
    CoalTheCat Posts: 91
    I have a good selection of headphones. I have some very expensive ones, that if my Mrs ever googled the price she'd leave me.

I have the predecessor to these https://www.decks.co.uk/products/headphones/stanton/djpro60-silver?gclid=Cj0KEQjw9tW5BRDk29KDnqWu4fMBEiQAKj7sp2qsb6mGwqkbzsY9YUYpmDfWLQvgutYEVoJnFg4A7EMaAl9v8P8HAQ#.VzXGe17mrIU, bought them as a pair that I would cry about if they broke. That was 10ish years ago...
  • CoalTheCat
    ahhh missed the wireless bit - sorry. They do have a long cable though.
  • dinyull
    They don't NEED to be wireless, but a decent cable length (probs about 2m) would be needed if not wireless.

Cheers for the link to that website though, was struggling to find anywhere that didn't look like it was about to transfer all my monies to nigeria.
  • CoalTheCat
    Dinyull wrote:
    They don't NEED to be wireless, but a decent cable length (probs about 2m) would be needed if not wireless.

Cheers for the link to that website though, was struggling to find anywhere that didn't look like it was about to transfer all my monies to nigeria.

The site is safe. I have bought a few bits from them. The cable on those is 2.8m.
  • TonyJams
    TonyJams Posts: 214
    You can't go wrong with these senheissers
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/hea ... -hd202-mk2
    fully covering the ear, long cable, good sound reproduction and very modular incase you sit on them!
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    TonyJams wrote:
    You can't go wrong with these senheissers
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/hea ... -hd202-mk2
    fully covering the ear, long cable, good sound reproduction and very modular incase you sit on them!

Been using HD 201s for ~18 months now, huge cable, sound is decent enough for tinnitus affected ears.;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Don't they get very sweaty on the turbo?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I think he's a spam poster. Two nothing posts and then this one advertising. Reported anyway
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    It might be worth checking out Wirecutter website for gadget reviews and comparison. I used to be into hifi and tend to agree with their arguments. Also, they seem to be fairly competent and unbiased, although, who knows, these days.
  • Walls82
    Walls82 Posts: 126
    I have the same issue and i've decided wireless is the way to go having used wired headphones on the turbo and found the wire annoying.

I found this article useful:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/audio/por ... es-1280344

I'm still undecided but the Jabra's seem to be a good deal.