Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Suck it and see Tuesday.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,348
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
Bah, back to the grind stone for 3. Elder oxocube training tonight so no chance of riding. Up side is working for a coffee manufacturer so plenty of caffeine available. Enjoy the day folks.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• sungodsungod Posts: 12,812
    'ning

not in the mood to get up, but the gym beckons

hope my preferred cafe is open this morning, seemed to be some repairs going on yesterday
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Went to lunch with ex-colleagues down the coast a bit, took motorbike for a change to give it a decent run. Forgot to check forecast beforehand... *WINDY* out there.. not a day for bicycle based activities even if I could.

Friends visiting this evening, so stocked fridge and cellar with appropriate consumables.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 42,213
    oxoman wrote:
    Up side is working for a coffee manufacturer.
    Can we all be your friend? :)

A day with almost no meetings for a change so may catch up on some real work and save a bit of tax. At least the bike is sorted now.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,954 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Coffee Snob Alert!!! Depends what the coffee is.

Morning folks,
    Quite a pleasant wobble in to work this morning, remembered to go along the river as the park is still shut for deer shooting season. The rut had definitely started as I rode home last night, a few large stags bellowing at each other. One particular one was stood in the middle of the road bellowing at his harem holding up the traffic with what looked like quite an attitude to him. Well I wouldn't mess with a fella that big with pointy bits on his head.
    No running around doing stuff for the girl today so I'll work a long day and get ahead on hours again. At least that's the plan.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,454
    Manflu in full effect

Working from home to let various contractors in. Later we may even start preparing some rooms for painting!
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Everyone here is up and working early ain't they.

Long day ahead, some meetings which will end with at least 4 students having their studies terminated, then off to the movies where I shall indulge myself into a sugar coma so the Date can watch Bridget Jones #sacrifices
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,815
    oxoman wrote:
    Bah, back to the grind stone for 3. Elder oxocube training tonight so no chance of riding. Up side is working for a coffee manufacturer so plenty of caffeine available. Enjoy the day folks.
    Oh God, don't get the Italians started on coffee again!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
    Flâneur wrote:
    Everyone here is up and working early ain't they.

Long day ahead, some meetings which will end with at least 4 students having their studies terminated, then off to the movies where I shall indulge myself into a sugar coma so the Date can watch Bridget Jones #sacrifices
    Fortunately the missus decided it would be a better idea to watch Bridget Jones with her friends rather than sit through an hour and a half of me tutting or snoring. Renee Zellweger is almost unrecognisable these days.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,954 Lives Here
    seanoconn wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    I was once on a course with someone that worked for an instant coffee manufacturer. Early in the process they extract the smelly bit (no idea how that works), last thing they do before putting the seal on the jar is to inject the smelly bit into the top of the jar. That way you get the smell of coffee when you break the seal. How can that be right?
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 6,952
    veronese68 wrote:
    I was once on a course with someone that worked for an instant coffee manufacturer. Early in the process they extract the smelly bit (no idea how that works), last thing they do before putting the seal on the jar is to inject the smelly bit into the top of the jar. That way you get the smell of coffee when you break the seal. How can that be right?
    Drive past Banbury on the M40 with the wind in the right (wrong) direction and you'll find that not all the smell gets back in the jar.

On things other, today's work at home coincided with a ticket presale now email arriving; happy to have nabbed choir section seats for Bonamassa in Royal Albert Hall next April.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,373
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Everyone...they.

Long ...noring. Renee Zellweger is almost unrecognisable these days.

Yep, didn't she used to be stunning - especially in that sports agent maguire(?) thingy film with Tom Cruise. Forget the name 'cos I wasn't really following the story line.

Instant coffee - nil points.

Me doing more PPP work today. Weather is pants.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Plumbers and plasterers turned up on time this morning so I've left them to it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 42,213
    veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Coffee Snob Alert!!! Depends what the coffee is.
    Not for me it doesn't :)

You'll probably hate me for this, but I was looking for a bit of caffeine related variety and saw that Sainsburys had an offer on one of those instant coffees with flavourings in it. Mmmm...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Everyone...they.

Long ...noring. Renee Zellweger is almost unrecognisable these days.

Yep, didn't she used to be stunning - especially in that sports agent maguire(?) thingy film with Tom Cruise. Forget the name 'cos I wasn't really following the story line.

Instant coffee - nil points.

Me doing more PPP work today. Weather is pants.

Laters.
    She was never stunning but had an attractive, cheeky, girl next door allure.

F0E401B7-6DFA-4E49-86ED-D03E132BF105_zpszbul3lfw.jpg
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,883
    Everyone around me seems to be getting ill so im resorting to a facemask I think, or just calling in sick so I don't get sick (logic)
    Not much else interesting occurring bar someone moaning the USB keyboard is "lagging"
    SDS drill equals: dust, rubble, mess, arms that seem to be still vibrating now. I think people might think I have Parkinson's.

No cycling till... I dunno. Bollox.
  • Plumbers and plasterers turned up on time this morning so I've left them to it.

You should check their credentials, definitely don't sound like proper tradesmen.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Instant coffee is one of the ingredients in "Caffenol-C"a home-made, non-toxic black-and-white photographic developer.

Mmmmm :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
    team47b wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Instant coffee is one of the ingredients in "Caffenol-C"a home-made, non-toxic black-and-white photographic developer.

Mmmmm :D

I think you and the lovely Mrs T47 are up to all sorts, mixing all manner of potions and doing dodgy stuff down there in deepest P***. You seem to know what to do with quite a myriad of concoctions.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    ^

Tonight's concoction was mainly Aragonez, Touriga Nacional and Trincadeira :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
    team47b wrote:
    ^

Tonight's concoction was mainly Aragonez, Touriga Nacional and Trincadeira :D

3 bottles!! I see, so the concoctions are hangover cures.