2-3 day mountain biking

Danieljephcott
Danieljephcott Posts: 334
edited January 2017 in MTB rides
Hello all, due to redundancy and waiting to start new job I e got a couple of weeks off. I was looking at going away with a mate for 2 days or so worth the mtb. Any suggestions on some easier places to visit, something that can be done over a long period but includes some decent red runs.

I really want to go but normally just doing the follow the dog at Cannock chase kills me so concerned going away might end up being 2 hours of fun and the rest of the time recovering. However I go out every Wednesday with a local club which is around 30km easy off road, canal paths, bridalways etc and I feel I can do much more. Which is why it would be great to find somewhere easy riding, great views but can go and do a red run or two.

Your helps is always great fully received :)

Dan

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The Long Mynd near Church Stretton is good if you come down Minton Batch but it is a bit of a climb to the top. Plenty of route guides and maps on the internet. Also youtube has various vids.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Come to South Wales and have a day at Bike Park Wales and a day at Cwmcarn or Afan.

You will have to pre-book BPW if you want to use the uplift to maximise the number of runs you can do in a day.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Isn't bpw just downhill stuff? There was a post on the local cycle club about going this weekend :).
  • JBA
    BPW is mostly made up of trails that go downhill but is not exclusively 'Downhill', if you see what I mean.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Just been looking at some you tube clips of the blue runs, they look the same as the red runs at Cannock lol. Looks really good actually. So I take it you can get a little lift to the top and then you ride around at the top to pick the trails/trails you want to go down?

Looks very very good :)
  • JBA
    You can either use the uplift or slog up to the top.
    Check out the website for a trails map and descriptions of the trails.

• I know it's a bit late, but Glentress would be my recommendation - you could stay in these: http://www.glentressforestlodges.co.uk/ and ride some of the best trails in Britain...