Would you say anything.

webboo
webboo Posts: 6,087
edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
I was out on a ride the other day going through a village, when a guy on a road bike pulled out about 200 meters in front. As I caught him up I notice that there was a flesh coloured band above his shorts. As I got closer I realised that it was his underpants that he had on under his shorts showing.
As I went past I said " I don't mean to be rude but you are not supposed to wear anything under your shorts" he replied " Ok thanks "
The missus says I should have minded my own business and stop being such a smart ar*e.
Would you have said anything.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    wouldn't have said anything, it's even possible the shorts were unpadded and he was using underpants with built-in padding

i once pointed out to a bloke in a cafe that he had (what i assumed to be) shaving foam on the side of his face, he just looked at me like i'd told him he had a aardvark on his head and walked off
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Depends.

Did he have a nice ar$e?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    The law that says you're not allowed to wear keks under your shorts must have been passed without me noticing :)

I dont usually have my undercrackers hanging out but if someone said that to me I'd think they were being a nosey whankor.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I have a guy who regularly overtakes me on a stretch of cycle path, so the other day I shouted 'why you has knees pointing outwards'
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I am a nosey bar steward and have pointed out to strangers flaws in their riding position and one time that a lady's leggings were see through. But I wouldn't have said anything about the pants showing. Slightly weird OCD there webboo.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    and one time that a lady's leggings were see through.
    We're you sure that they were see through? Did you ride behind her for quite a while to be absolutely certain? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    and one time that a lady's leggings were see through.
    We're you sure that they were see through? Did you ride behind her for quite a while to be absolutely certain? :wink:
    She was going like a bat out of hell and when I caught up to her to tell her about her see through leggings she said thanks she knows as someone else had told her, that's why she was trying to get home as fast as possible!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    So you were pedalling really hard?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    seanoconn wrote:
    I am a nosey bar steward and have pointed out to strangers flaws in their riding position and one time that a lady's leggings were see through. But I wouldn't have said anything about the pants showing. Slightly weird OCD there webboo.
    Likewise a woman that used to cycle with us. Visible thong under her shorts & @ 15 stone body.
    I don't thank you for the memory, but I am glad to share that picture with you. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • A little bit of sick just came up
  • No. Someone else's cycling attire ain't your business.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I was on the green route in Thetford Forest and an aeroplane (B777 from Lahore to Birmingham) started to follow me. I told the pilot to knob off and stop following me. I turned left on to the blue route - which is even worse than the green route and the plane went. Sorted.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Nope, wouldn't have said anything, I wore stuff under my shorts for ages, as I found it more comfortable with certain shorts i had.

As for telling the bloke about "his knees sticking out". WTF? He regularly overtakes you, but you're criticising his riding style? (Having said that, knees on the outside of the elbows is one that makes me chuckle :lol: )

The only time i nearly had a word with anyone, was when we passed a young lad when we did a sportive last year ('we' being son and I). He was struggling very badly, and I could see it was because the seat was far too high.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Webboo wrote:
    I was out on a ride the other day going through a village, when a guy on a road bike pulled out about 200 meters in front. As I caught him up I notice that there was a flesh coloured band above his shorts. As I got closer I realised that it was his underpants that he had on under his shorts showing.
    As I went past I said " I don't mean to be rude but you are not supposed to wear anything under your shorts" he replied " Ok thanks "
    The missus says I should have minded my own business and stop being such a smart ar*e.
    Would you have said anything.

I suppose he may not have realised you were talking specifically about cycling shorts - you'd really have to get into a longer explanation to make sure he knew what you were on about and why - talk about chafing and damp - so probably wouldn't have.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I think if I was doing anything and another man came up to me and told me I shouldn't be wearing any underwear I would naturally assume that he was a overtly homosexual and was hitting on me

It doesn't matter if you are in a night club, at Tesco, standing inline for the toilets on a 747, in the post office .. wherever .. the only acceptable time to tell another man he shouldnt wear underwear is either if you want to have sex with him, or you are a doctor and need to poke your finger up his bum
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Always remember a girl we used to ride offroad with, she was complaining about wedgies. Long story short ended up getting a leatherman an cutting her out of them. You know, as you do :roll:
  • Saw a guy this morning in full winter gear, longs, gloves and thick jacket

I shouted 'what are you going to wear when it gets cold'
  • fat daddy
    well ? .... what was his reply .. what is he going to wear ?
  • fat daddy wrote:
    well ? .... what was his reply .. what is he going to wear ?

Dunno, had my earphones in
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Saw a guy this morning in full winter gear, longs, gloves and thick jacket

I shouted 'what are you going to wear when it gets cold'
    You could have just shouted "get ya kit off" Shorter and straight to the point, no danger of being misunderstood either.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Even in full summer you see people wearing kit that you'd wear in winter. Maybe they feel the cold. Maybe thats all they have.

And in winter you will see people in shorts - again - maybe thats all they have or they're only out for 5 miles or so.

People eh ?

I did pass a guy on a sportif who was wearing swimming trunks under his shorts.

No idea why.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I was once told never tell someone something is wrong with their appearance if they cannot correct it in under 10 seconds.
    So yes I would have done.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Fenix wrote:
    Even in full summer you see people wearing kit that you'd wear in winter. Maybe they feel the cold. Maybe thats all they have.

And in winter you will see people in shorts - again - maybe thats all they have or they're only out for 5 miles or so.

People eh ?

I did pass a guy on a sportif who was wearing swimming trunks under his shorts.

No idea why.
    Triantelope presumably.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Saw a guy a couple of years ago wearing bib shorts and no jersey.

I asked if he was doing a Triathlon
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Much to my ever lasting embarrassment when I was in to Triathlons, I went out on the chaingang with a road jersey and swimming trunks.
    No one said anything though, they couldn't for laughing so much.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Depends.

Did he have a nice ar$e?

Oi, that's sexist - we'll have none of that in here.

Could someone flag this post to the PCP Mr Chasey? - I just wonder what his reaction would be? I sense an ironical double standard would be the result.

Keep it up WS :wink: Big Brother might just leave us alone: 'Cos he's Snookered.

Back OT: FAIL webboo, soz mate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Pinno wrote:
    Depends.

Did he have a nice ar$e?

Oi, that's sexist - we'll have none of that in here.

Could someone flag this post to the PCP Mr Chasey? - I just wonder what his reaction would be? I sense an ironical double standard would be the result.

Keep it up WS :wink: Big Brother might just leave us alone: 'Cos he's Snookered.

Back OT: FAIL webboo, soz mate.

Nothing.

Surely you realise that men are exempt from sexism? :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• I remember riding in France a few years ago, and was quite tired after a hilly 5 hours and a mile or 2 from home when some German guy rode alongside me and tried to make conversation.
    I mentioned the war or something, he then overtook me and then patted his arse.

What did this mean?
  • fat daddy
    it meant he suddenly paniced that he didn't have his wallet on him and he was franticly looking for it, before realising that his bibshorts don't have pockets

When ever I go swimming at several point during the swim I suddenly panic and pat myself down worried my phone will be getting wet, before realising, I don't have pockets .. I don't have a phone
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I remember riding in France a few years ago, and was quite tired after a hilly 5 hours and a mile or 2 from home when some German guy rode alongside me and tried to make conversation.
    I mentioned the war or something, he then overtook me and then patted his ars*.

What did this mean?

He meant, "You may have won the war but you've voted Brexit and now you're f*cked - look, you can't even keep up with me. Kiss my ass".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!