No Rear Lockout on my Scott Reflex FX-25

ycman
ycman Posts: 3
edited September 2016 in MTB general
The blue lockout lever on the rear suspension unit of my Scott Reflex FX-25 (circa 2007, I think) does not cut out any travel. The instructions say Pos 1 = All Travel Mode: full travel of 100mm on Reflex FX models. and Pos 2 = Lock Out Mode where the shock is locked; climbing on asphalt roads is then possible without any power loss. It also adds something that I don't understand: simultaneously a blow-off-system prevents the shock being damaged in case the rider did not open the system while crossing obstacles.

Would anyone know if it means that the rear shock is shot, please? Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What that means is if the shock is locked and you have a big suspension hit the lockout opens automatically to prevent damage.

If the lockout isn't working it could mean lots of things, it could just be the lockout not working or it could be the whole damping system has a problem.

I'd just look for a decent replacement in eBay.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thank you, Rookie. I was hoping that there'd be something about the subtle function of that lockout switch that I had missed, such as conditions of pressures ( - or + ). But I suspect you're right.