figured i better step in to avoid a repeat of saturday's debacle

sleep, ride, shop, veg out, interspersed with cafe stops

electric six, as it's funny seeing the insane rage they drive some into
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good luck on the half oxoman

Trail running this morning and then the jobs I didn't get round to yesterday as I played on mountain bikes with my pal for longer than expected

Later the folks are over with a trailer full of wood, so we are doing a roast
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Getting out of New Forest to Southampton this morning should be fun. Lyndhurst shut for military parade and Wiggle are holding their weekly New Forest sportive on the "quiet 20mph speed limit roads" (see their review. If only it were true).
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slow start to the day here. Boy got in at gone 3 again so I doubt we'll see him this morning, then it'll be a case of getting him over to rugby training before going to my folks to carry on celebrating his birthday. He's taking me to the pub later so he can buy me a pint.
    Shan't go near Richmond Park as it'll be full of those pesky cyclists and other people trying to enjoy themselves. Bah!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

If I'd been up earlier then it would have been 'Sweaty Betty Sunday'.

Strifey and Stropteen are out this morning so Ive walked the hound, done a few jobs and now supping coffee while chilling. Managed to watch Terminator Genisys last night on t'internet, only it was the Korean airlines version with load of stupid adverts every 15 minutes. At least it was subtitled and not dubbed - once made the mistake of going to see 'Dirty Harry' in Austria which was dubbed into German with Clint being given a really inappropriately wimpy voice. 'Go ahead punk, make my day' just didn't have the same impact :)

Will go for for run later with Stropteen in tow as she's a bit weight conscious even though she doesn't need to be.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited September 2016
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

12.00 AM ?! Referee! There's 'stepping in' and then there's 'stepping in'.

The Toots are champing at the bit after being stuck in all day during the typhoon, so I's better get on with summat.
    Only one more step for the VN progeny - 'Fancy a curry Dad?' and then he'll truly be a chip off the old block.
    Then, VN will need to think about getting an extractor fan fitted. Hey that's it: VN's daughter is sick and dizzy on noxious post curry fumes, poor lass.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Washed exterior and cleaned interior of car, which was verging on filthy. Finished just in time for the thunderstorms to roll through...

Went to lunch, browsed a few gadgets but left empty-handed, budget austerity measures, doncha know... :roll:

Back to looking for a job tomorrow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

12.00 AM ?! Referee! There's 'stepping in' and then there's 'stepping in'.
    Yep, rule 1 of starting the daily thread is you have to have been to sleep first so I reckon SG is a filthy cheat and should be stripped of the title.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Survived just, absolutely forked off strava has not recorded properly on my mobile. I didn't take my garmin as back up as its useless and keeps cutting out, so will have to manually upload when I finally get my official chip time.

As long as your time was better than pinno's older brother
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Survived just, absolutely forked off strava has not recorded properly on my mobile. I didn't take my garmin as back up as its useless and keeps cutting out, so will have to manually upload when I finally get my official chip time.

Yes but Pinno's older brother is driven by deep, dark and unquantifiable forces. If given the choice, you'd rather be slow than be driven in that way.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Yes but Pinno's older brother is driven by deep, dark and unquantifiable forces. If given the choice, you'd rather be slow than be related to Piña.
    FTFY. Actually, if Piña think he's wierd it must be really bad. :shock:
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    2hrs 10mins 50secs not bad for a first half marathon and 51yrs old & 78kg and currently rubbed raw somewhere uncomfortable. Better next year maybe. How's that compare Pinno
    Well done, that's certainly better than I could do.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    2hrs 10mins 50secs not bad for a first half marathon and 51yrs old & 78kg and currently rubbed raw somewhere uncomfortable. Better next year maybe. How's that compare Pinno

My brother will be 56 in November:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13066160&p=19898688&hilit=brother+half+marathon#p19899327
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:

Well done!
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Well done, that's certainly better than I could do.
    And me. Not a shabby time at all.