Sheared cable mount just in front of rear derailier

georgefwmurray
georgefwmurray Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Workshop
Hi Everyone,

HAs any one ever come across sheared bolts on the cable mount for the rear derailier before?
Its on an ultegra 10 speed 2009 focus cayo. Id like to say its because i was putting so much power through but in reality i changed gear on my drive way pushed my pedal and it mount flew off my bike and landed 10 feet away.
Ultimately now the rear derailier is out of use and I didnt get to go for a ride!

The bike shop is closed and having looked at it myself, the bolts have sheared completely leaving the bottom half still attached to the frame.
Anyone know if its possible to remove these to reattach the mount?

Thank you!

George
Lucky I have just bought a new bike :)
Maybe this one is telling me something :(

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,529
    would help get advice if you post some pics of what's happened

otherwise, if it's really just sheared bolts, replace them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I'm a bit lost too.

If it's just where the cable outer stop screws in then as long as the derailleur is okay then that could just be replaced.

More than that and it sounds like a new derailleur would be required.

Pictures will make it easy.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Indeed, the just in front of the rear derailleur to me suggests the frame mount (no part of the derailleur can be in front of the derailleur!) so I haven't got a clue what he's on about!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.