friday, the day i tried to live, i stole a thousand beggar's change, and gave it to the rich

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to the gym, then afe, physio, work from home as can't be bothered to go to the office

more soundgarden lyric title, may need to change songs as it's quite bleak and i keep singing it to myself
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Working locally so a few miles on the best bike as it's nice outside

Later it's the pub because it's Friday
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    working from home today, started early so i can finish early, pedaling over to the lady friend's house laters
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Appraisal meeting this morning so I'm sh1tting myself a little bit. I'm off down to Gloucester at lunchtime for beer and bikes this weekend, working in Cornwall on Monday so it counts as a work trip...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    appraisals, have you got your list of all the wonderful things you did ready, where you excel, where you can improve, and what development/training you want? i get fed up having to drag this out of people this every frickin time, it's always a plus when someone has prepared

been to physio, decided i need to go back to the cafe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Need to order a few radiators this morning then collect a few pints of maggots on the way home.

I have plenty of fruit to keep me going and tea will be delivered shortly!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Windy. Large branch from neighbour's tree made a splash in the pool this morning as a result. Grrr.

Turned pedals over on the turbo for a half hour. Lay on the floor for another half hour, doing "noddies" exercises.

Maybe beach tomorrow if the wind drops, time to get the season underway. 8)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    sungod wrote:
    appraisals, have you got your list of all the wonderful things you did ready, where you excel, where you can improve, and what development/training you want? i get fed up having to drag this out of people this every frickin time, it's always a plus when someone has prepared

I've got some good things to say regarding my work/progress, I know I can do a lot more than I'm being given currently and I would like a lot more responsibility. No idea how that would work given our current structure and work distribution though so we will see
  • Need to order a few radiators this morning then collect a few pints of maggots on the way home.

WTAF???
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Taking the boy fishing at weekend. Mainly using pellets and chopped meat but maggots bring small silver fish into the swim and then the big boys start taking note and bully them out. Then we move onto pellets.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Coarse fishing :roll:

Of course I could recount the story of us going up the M5. 'Geordie' at the wheel of his Carlton (posh Northern git) and then slowly, a blue bottle appears, then another and another... until the car was so full of them, we had to pull over on the hard shoulder. Suffice to say the Police stopped to wonder why we were stopped. A bit red faced, Geordie had to explain that he must have got 'sidetracked' after a fishing trip. Initially, the police were bit curt as they do not like people stopping on the hard shoulder without good reason but it wasn't long before they are biting their lips trying not to laugh. Naarfuk Bryan, Boro' Lennie and I were in fits.
    As I say, I would tell you the story but I haven't got time.

I'm off to do a spot of work HD. Should be finished for 2 ish.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I sold my fly gear years ago as there isn't anywhere around here apart from Pennine Trout farm and I'm banned from there because I took ten trout in about 1/2 an hour on bread.

I'd like to give it a go again on a wild river though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Need to order a few radiators this morning then collect a few pints of maggots on the way home.

WTAF???
    I was thinking I prefer beer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Early start today as I need to be out of here at 3.30 to pick the girl up, this means I had to drive in so you can thank me for the sunshine. Been a hectic week and it's not about to get any calmer, at least the weekend should be enjoyable.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenm
    Appraisal went very well, they essentially said that they would do nearly anything to keep me including accommodating a sideways step/more responsibility/a sabbatical. Tis a good time to be a grad with 2 years experience in my field, there are bugger all new grads :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    I sold my fly gear years ago as there isn't anywhere around here apart from Pennine Trout farm and I'm banned from there because I took ten trout in about 1/2 an hour on bread.

Get your fat 4rse up here and come and do some proper fishing then.
    I wish I had time and energy to but Shorite will be at school next year, PPP will be finished and then - wahey.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    Well that's the end of a ACOAW
    https://youtu.be/Ao5Kq0hJwzY
    Now having a wel, deserved drink although at least I've managed to line up the prospective new minions quite well. Might see what's on the box later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pinno wrote:
    I sold my fly gear years ago as there isn't anywhere around here apart from Pennine Trout farm and I'm banned from there because I took ten trout in about 1/2 an hour on bread.

Get your fat 4rse up here and come and do some proper fishing then.
    I wish I had time and energy to but Shorite will be at school next year, PPP will be finished and then - wahey.

That's a bit harsh you manky scotch git!

I did look at the river behind the Italian pad but it's not ideal, far too rocky and the only thing I spotted was about 2 inches.

And no, I wasn't having a wee at the time;)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now having a wel, deserved drink although at least I've managed to line up the prospective new minions quite well. Might see what's on the box later.

Would that be the ones with the best norks?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Would that be the ones with the best norks?
    Unfortunately it would be moobs in this case...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]