wednesday, i woke the same as any other day, except a voice was in my head

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

you lazy lot, i wait hours for the day's thread and no one makes an effort, i dunno

gratuitous soundgarden lyric title
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Beat me to it, only because I took a break to get drinks sorted first. Whisky now doing the job.

Started morning with first post-op visit to physio, went ok. Then coffee and some retail therapy, which for someone without a job is maybe not such a good thing.... Mind you, sold a few bike odds and ends so was about break even for the day.

Did a short session on turbo, since that's all I'm allowed apparently. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    hope your recovery goes well, after my injury last year i was climbing the walls by the time they said i could try walking again, in comparison to enforced inactivity even the toughest physio was pure joy
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Was out running, anyway I thought daily threads were your job, or Stevo's?

Another day, too many fuck ups recently so I become disillusioned with the work I do. Oh well onwards and upwards.

Physio's are just paid up members of the torture club, enjoy mate. But I do hope it all goes on the up soon
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Just had a haircut. Grade threeish, courtesy of Mrs T.

Now pondering the day and eating second breakfast.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Trying to shift the backlog of emails.

Need to buy some stuff from Screwfix and drop MrsHD off at the airport then back home to the mess. She gets 8 nights in 5* hotels around India and I get to live in a building site.

Something is very very wrong here.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Trying to shift the backlog of emails.

Need to buy some stuff from Screwfix and drop MrsHD off at the airport then back home to the mess. She gets 8 nights in 5* hotels around India and I get to live in a building site.

True. It should be 28 nights in India, not 8. :D
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Screwfix, gotta love em. Spend half my life and an entire fortune there.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • I have some incredibly mundane "exercises" to do which consist of nodding, a mild shrug of shoulders, and some controlled sideways glances. The sad bit is that half of them still hurt... :lol:

I am not even sure how progress is measured.

Anyone here have food additive intolerances?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I am not even sure how progress is measured. ?

Its 2016 ... progress is measured by an app and how much kudos you get for nodding your head
  • Anyone here have food additive intolerances?

Yes, the alcohol they put in red wine gives me a headache.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    i thought it was the red stuff they put in the alcohol that was the problem
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    She gets 8 nights in 5* hotels around India and I get to go out with my mates, eat take aways and watch what I want including naughty videos.

FTFY.

Another day on the corporate hamster wheel, made slightly worse by being off work Monday and Tuesday. I also need sleep but on the bright side the septic in-laws left today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Slow start as we had to go to a meeting at school about our daughter. They've let her drop Geography to give her a bit more time and so she can use the time to try to keep up with other subjects, on the whole it all went well and they were helpful and supportive which was a relief. Need to take her to the physio tomorrow whilst on the subject of physios and the CAMHS on Friday. No end of rushing about. Been rather busy since I got in so late. Looking forward to a beer and curry for a mate's birthday tonight.
  • team47b
    I have some incredibly mundane "exercises" to do which consist of nodding, a mild shrug of shoulders, and some controlled sideways glances. The sad bit is that half of them still hurt... :lol:

I am not even sure how progress is measured.

Anyone here have food additive intolerances?

I'm carbohydrate intolerant and they add them to everything :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Builder friend came and looked at PPP and advised. It's good except I have to peel back a heap of old plaster. Ordered an SDS hammer drill - oh the joys, Got my new other L.ion 18v Dewalt cordless - what a lovely toy. Factory refurbished- £85. It's perfect.

Stevo might put that Four Yorkshiremen clip in following this...
    On the subject of physioterrorists, I had one at the Nuffield. I had no left hip whilst they cleaned the 'site' up, took 11 weeks and 63 gallons of anti-biotics delivered by the delectable Nicky the nurse . Still managed to change the front wheel bearing on the old Portuguese taxi and restore a wooden trunk (made of Oak) during that time.
    Did I mention 'Nicky' the nurse? Except they don't call them district nurses anymore...
    Anyways, imagine trying to move the leg around without the leverage the hip provides, boy it was 'fun' - and exhausting. One sesh in the morning and 1 in the afternoon for the 2 weeks following the removal of the offending prosthesis and offending cement before they sent me home where I was attended by the delectable Nicky.

There's a whole new food intolerance thread that's gaining momentum in Training, fitness and Health WS. I didn't realise cyclists are such a decrepit bunch. Mind you, I did meet T47 once.

Laters (eat and sleep well :wink: )
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pinno wrote:
    Builder friend came and looked at PPP and advised. It's good except I have to peel back a heap of old plaster. Ordered an SDS hammer drill - oh the joys, Got my new other L.ion 18v Dewalt cordless - what a lovely toy. Factory refurbished- £85. It's perfect.

On the subject of physioterrorists, I had one at the Nuffield. I had no left hip whilst they cleaned the 'site' up, took 11 weeks and 63 gallons of anti-biotics delivered by the delectable Nicky the nurse . Still managed to change the front wheel bearing on the old Portuguese taxi and restore a wooden trunk (made of Oak) during that time.
    Did I mention 'Nicky' the nurse? Except they don't call them district nurses anymore...
    Anyways, imagine trying to move the leg around without the leverage the hip provides, boy it was 'fun' - and exhausting. One sesh in the morning and 1 in the afternoon for the 2 weeks following the removal of the offending prosthesis and offending cement before they sent me home where I was attended by the delectable Nicky.

There's a whole new food intolerance thread that's gaining momentum in Training, fitness and Health WS. I didn't realise cyclists are such a decrepit bunch. Mind you, I did meet T47 once.

Balls, no one has met T47b and lived to tell the tale.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

And you call what Pinno does living :wink:

Wimbledon, thinking of visiting, just need to get a little more info/range/wind direction :D
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Builder...well :wink: )

And you call what Pinno does living :wink:

:D
  • That's one shitty thread over in health.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    That's one sh!tty thread over in health.

Isn't it great ?
  • I haven't digested it fully yet...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Meanwhile in Cake Stop some people are over reacting :D

chris-jpg.13779
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I haven't digested it fully yet...

Must have been the Chilli and the 200 grams of rice - dry weight.

Oooh, lets head over to CS...
  • FFS, 45 is my limit and I can eat...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    FFS, 45 is my limit and I can eat...

TM was trying to get through the night as pre ride prep and I can understand his thinking. He admitted it wasn't the best idea.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Should I tell them about the curry I just had? I didn't weigh the rice, or anything else come to that. What about the volume of beer?
    That thread sounds far too dull, I might venture over if I don't nod off shortly...
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Should I tell them about the curry I just had? I didn't weigh the rice, or anything else come to that. What about the volume of beer?
    That thread sounds far too dull, I might venture over if I don't nod off shortly...
    Oh I dunno, it has made me feel slightly better I have to say :D

*sips espresso, nibbles biccie*

Back O-O-T (On-Off-Topic), I was more specifically interested in whether anyone here had problems with ribonucleotides for example, (additive #'s 627, 631 and 635) which are used in lieu of the dreaded 621 - MSG as "flavour enhancers". I've been slowly trying to eliminate causes of some circulo-respiratory symptoms I get sometimes in the evenings. Food allergies are not something I've previously had (or noticed anyway), beyond an aversion to some varieties of shellfish, but they'd appear to be the likely cause of my current issues.

A recent particularly rough night was after a dinner made with a fair whack of a new brand of Soy sauce, which lists the above as special bonus extras in the mix. The other stuff we use has not noticeably caused me issues before, and it appears that brand doesn't include the RN's as additives. Soy naturally contains relatively high glutamate levels, as do a bunch of other foods, but I've yet to conclusively identify whether it's only the synthetic additive versions I don't agree with, or the whole lot.

The good news is whisky has none of the offending ingredients. Wine (preservative 220, and the lovely "finings" traces left over, made from milk by-product and recycled fish bladders) is so far on the OK list, although specific varieties appear to be a bit dodgy. Cheap ones especially. :mrgreen:
  • team47b

I eat 25grams dry weight of rice.

Just saying, not trying to turn this into the new healthy portion size bottom bracket thread :D
  • team47b wrote:

I eat 25grams dry weight of rice.

Just saying, not trying to turn this into the new healthy portion size bottom bracket thread :D
    Prefer mine cooked.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh I dunno, it has made me feel slightly better I have to say :D

*sips espresso, nibbles biccie*

Back...some very complex and hitherto not considered stuff...especially. :mrgreen:

Sorry, I can't help you there WS except why not avoid eating anything with these things in it?

You'll end up with a pot belly T47. How about eating the rice, drinking a pint of warm water and then lying in the sun. Would that work?
    ...and how about answering bloody emails - did you sign that petition?