Carrera Titan 7005 T6

michaelww33
michaelww33 Posts: 3
edited October 2016 in MTB beginners
Hello all I am all new to this but recently I have decided to take mountain bike ride but wanted to build my own, so I found the above bike (frame only) and built it from scratch it's all near on completion apart from the rear derailleur hanger to suit the frame please any help on this will be grateful

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Most Carrera bikes use the generic Merida hanger, can be found in Halfords for £8. Not sure if the Titan uses the same as the others though.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-pa ... r-hanger-a
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Most Carrera bikes use the generic Merida hanger, can be found in Halfords for £8. Not sure if the Titan uses the same as the others though.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-pa ... r-hanger-a

Tried them didn't fit brought one from Amazon same again it must be different then normal Titan ones
  • The Rookie
    Try the BETD website and compare the frame shape to the options.

Or you could do what I had to do on one bike and made my own with a lot if filing and dremeling, worked perfectly even if it was a bit 'ghetto' looking.

Have you asked at Halfords for them to look up what part is needed?

Photo of the dropout section it bolts to may help!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Probably Halfords Hanger A, it's the one on the majority of Carrera MTBs
  • The Rookie
    Probably Halfords Hanger A, it's the one on the majority of Carrera MTBs
    Epic failure to read the thread!
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Probably Halfords Hanger A, it's the one on the majority of Carrera MTBs
    Epic failure to read the thread!

I can read! Clicking links may be beyond me though...

Which Titan is it? Off the top of my head there was a 650b Hardtail, and a blue 26" Full sus