Ruby Tuesday, who could hang a name on you

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,294
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
Managed to ride in to work today along the river as the park is still shut for the cull. I reckon they should just release a pack of wolves into the park, it would help me cycle faster that's for sure. How fast can wolves run?
Hoping for a quiet day at work today, that seems unlikely though. Not much else going on, need to sort out a restaurant for the boy's 18th on Saturday. Who does the biggest steaks?

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    The Wolves wouldn't be interested in you. The Chav with the Staffy Pit Bull cross in the high street is a far bigger concern.

Must get aris into gear. Winter bike is at the ready. Been fixing the SKS mud guard longs proper. Pics later.

Toodle pip (whatever that actually means). Cue T47...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    New bike yesterday so I rode in to work this morning for the 4th time since January when we moved here. It's only 17km but I really value the extra time in bed, turns out for each new bike I buy I get around ~3 morning's worth of motivation...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ... need to sort out a restaurant for the boy's 18th on Saturday. Who does the biggest steaks?

depends how far you want to go

islington? steaks go up to 6-700g, it's good, been there a few times, lively bar too

http://comedorgrillandbar.co.uk/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ... need to sort out a restaurant for the boy's 18th on Saturday. Who does the biggest steaks?

islington? steaks go up to 6-700g, it's good, been there a few times, lively bar too

would we need passports to travel that far north of the river? Looks good but the EPO has now booked a place in Wimbledon, not sure what it's like but we should be done early enough that he can then go out drinking with his mates.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    work meh
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hoping for a quiet day at work today, that seems unlikely though. Not much else going on, need to sort out a restaurant for the boy's 18th on Saturday. Who does the biggest steaks?

Has that boy of yours been causing trouble in Northumberland Heath?

I tell you, the yoof of today and their parents haven't got a clue what they're up to.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Not sure the Mini would get him that far.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Fair point. He didn't 'borrow' someone's Oyster card?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Pinno wrote:
    The Wolves wouldn't be interested in you. The Chav with the Staffy Pit Bull cross in the high street is a far bigger concern.

Must get aris into gear. Winter bike is at the ready. Been fixing the SKS mud guard longs proper. Pics later.

Toodle is most like a reference to the hunting horn as the toffs set off to pointless murder animals in the name of fun :roll:

Pip is far more interesting as pip-pip was the noise one made if one were lucky enough to encounter a bicycle passing by in the late 19th century, this has been replaced by 'get off and milk it' and latterly by 'coff you winker or whatever you scallywag wrecks-it eers now say.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    TLW1 wrote:
    work meh

Very much agreeing with this
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

No, he still has free travel so wouldn't need to.
    We were just talking about this in the office. The resident old git was saying "the country's going to the dogs", "wouldn't have happened in my day" and all that. But whilst none of us are old enough to know about 60 years ago we know it happened 40 years ago. They rarely developed fully into mass brawls but I remember several times when word would go around the school about a big fight at some location or other between us and another school. The most memorable occasion was when 2 girls schools were going to fight on Wimbledon Common, it never happened because there were over a thousand blokes form my school waiting to watch.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

would we need passports to travel that far north of the river? Looks good but the EPO has now booked a place in Wimbledon, not sure what it's like but we should be done early enough that he can then go out drinking with his mates.
    The Agentine Steakhouse on Wimbledon Hill does the best steaks in Wimbledon. Not sure if they're particularly big though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    The Agentine Steakhouse on Wimbledon Hill does the best steaks in Wimbledon. Not sure if they're particularly big though.
    That's the one we're going to I believe. He'll just order the biggest thing on the menu.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Toodle is most like a reference to the hunting horn as the toffs set off to pointless murder animals in the name of fun :roll:

Pip is far more interesting as pip-pip was the noise one made if one were lucky enough to encounter a bicycle passing by in the late 19th century, this has been replaced by 'get off and milk it' and latterly by 'coff you winker or whatever you scallywag wrecks-it eers now say.

Yay, you're alive T47!?
  • Woodburner refitted in the chimney thing today so a bit further along. Builders finishing a wall and slab so I'm going out for some peace and quiet!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

No, he still has free travel so wouldn't need to.
    We were just talking about this in the office. The resident old git was saying "the country's going to the dogs", "wouldn't have happened in my day" and all that. But whilst none of us are old enough to know about 60 years ago we know it happened 40 years ago. They rarely developed fully into mass brawls but I remember several times when word would go around the school about a big fight at some location or other between us and another school. The most memorable occasion was when 2 girls schools were going to fight on Wimbledon Common, it never happened because there were over a thousand blokes form my school waiting to watch.
    Ursuline Convent vs Ricards (Slappers) Lodge. Silly girls, there was plenty of me to go around 20 years ago.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ursuline Convent vs Ricards (Slappers) Lodge. Silly girls, there was plenty of me to go around 20 years ago.
    Indeed, and more like 30 years ago.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm referring to the Battle of Centre Court, 1996.
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/200+RIOTI ... a061281914
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yay, you're alive T47!?

“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” Samuel Clemens.

(although you probably know him by his pen name - Mark Twain) :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm referring to the Battle of Centre Court, 1996.
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/200+RIOTI ... a061281914

...and you were 'that' boy. Yeah right.
  • veronese68
    Ah, that was a different girl on girl mass brawl, same schools involved though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    I'm back.

All went well apart from Sh1tty traffic to and from Streatham cemetery. Now pretty knackered with 3 days of work to look forward to.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

I did say I would update.

b8482a622b0c0bc76fad30e5b27e99e6.jpg

b8046c644e504731ad6e86716e8f7966.jpg

It's sound now - solid.
  • I'll probably rivet mine up about the time I fit them to the winter bike, I don't leave the QR bits on when they're not in use so it makes no odds to me.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    I'll probably rivet mine up about the time I fit them to the winter bike, I don't leave the QR bits on when they're not in use so it makes no odds to me.

Makes no difference. Those plastic clips eventually stop 'clipping'. Just depends on the number of pot holes you hit.