Too narrow pedals

Monstermayank
Monstermayank Posts: 7
edited September 2016 in MTB beginners
I ride an MTB and changed to Xpeedo Traverse 7 pedals after my resin pedals broke. The issue is the Xpeedos are quite smaller compared to my older pedals and I feel my feet falling of on the edge of the pedal. I wear size 11 shoes. Should I get a wider pedals or try spacers ?

My Next option is Wellgo B249- it's 111.5x102
The Xpeedo measurements according to their website is 90x70.5

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Makes sense to just get wider pedals if your current ones are too narrow surely???
  • Wow. Those xpeedos are some fugly pedals.

I have wide size 11 feet, never had an issue with normal stuff like wellgo variants, superstar nanos, nukeproof electrons
  • JGTR
    Lol just googled them....think I can see what the problem is, those pedals are pony, just buy a normal set of pedals that are full width and don't have half the pedal missing.
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Highly recommend Shimano Saint MX80 pedals, superb grip and plenty wide.
  • Thank you for replying guys. How would be Wellgo B249?- it's 111.5x102 I see Shimano saints is 90mmx96mm still not very wide and much expensive than wellgo.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'd hunt around Ebay etc for Wellgo MG1 - a bit bigger than B249 I think, and lighter.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • i considered MG-1 but mostly read about it that it's magnesium and chips easily while off roading and pin thread go off quite regularly.
  • Superstar nano, bargain and 101mm x 110mm, 17mm thick platform

IMG_20160919_175058_zpsdqvp4qcm.jpg
  • Ok, how much do Nanos cost? and where can I get the discount coupon. Let's see if I can get them shipped here in India.
  • Ok, how much do Nanos cost? and where can I get the discount coupon. Let's see if I can get them shipped here in India.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/nano-x-pedals.htm

£40 without discount or shipping, but they do regular 25% codes if you google for them now and then. They seem like tey will ship to India, but check the website.
  • They are charging a whopping 144 pounds for shipping :O
  • JGTR
    They are charging a whopping 144 pounds for shipping :O

Maybe email them, pretty good company, sure they will do their best to get you a pair with cheaper postage.
  • cooldad
    i considered MG-1 but mostly read about it that it's magnesium and chips easily while off roading and pin thread go off quite regularly.

Nope I use them on all my bikes and never had a chip, or any lost pins yet. Been using them for years. So you might have heard wrong.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Probably one of the highly knowledgeable posters (ahem) on 'CYCLOP'.

Where in India, I could carry some out when I fly out if you can arrange a pickup in Pune!

Giant stores do some decent VP pedals as well.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • @The rookie

Thank you so much for the gesture. I am in Lucknow but might manage a pickup or could pay for the shipping if it isn't asking for too much.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No problem, send me a private message (use the contact button by my name in a post) and we can try and sort something, I next fly out on Tuesday next week, or again 3-4 weeks after that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Why would you buy pedals called ex-peados?
  • cooldad
    The therapy must have worked.

Now to find some ex sheep pedals.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools