Planet X T.O.R frame and fork.

wruds
wruds Posts: 74
edited September 2016 in Track
Hi, I have a Planet X T.O.R bike which I have rarely used in the track. I want to convert it to road use as a fixie/ss, however the front fork is not pre-drilled for brake boss.

Question, has anyone undertaken this task, did it work, or is there an alternative fork suitable to swap?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I'd sell it and buying something suitable. I have a Track TOR which I use exclusively on the track, I don't know why but it just doesn't seem as robust as my other carbon frames. I wouldn't rate its chances as a town bike.
  • wruds
    HI, thanks for your feedback. I am actually quite in awe of the bike, it feels quite relaxed. I occasionally venture out onto quite country roads with it where I know there is nil or very little traffic and I can get an uninterrupted ride. I don't want to use it as an everyday bike, but really use it a bit more widely than I do at present. Brakes offering a bit more confidence when riding. In that sense I am keen to keep hold of it.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Why not speak to Planet X ? They're very helpful I find.

I bet you'll be needing a new fork though.
  • wruds
    Hi, I spoke to Plant X, but they are unsure which fork would work because of the recesssed union between head/down tube and forks. They suggest try the Exocet 2, but they are unsure of the clearance behind the forks, so my question is has anyone tried it successfully.