Watch this unbelievable video...its a shocker, undertaking on a footpath.

Mr Stamp
Mr Stamp Posts: 58
edited October 2016 in Campaign
https://gfycat.com/EmotionalLameKoala

1/4 of a mile from my house, this is a stretch of road between Cottenham and Rampton, just north of Cambridge, a B road with a wide cycle path alongside regularly used by dog walkers and children who travel from Rampton to Cottenham for schooling including my kids who cycle up and down to the local woods and friends.

As you can see the driver mounts the cycle path to undertake the cyclists, I believe from a local Ely Club.

I have never posted anything of this sort before and hope I am not in any breach of this sites rules but it has totally shocked me. I ride along here 3 times a week, either end of a long straight this stretch of road has quite sharp turns, the overtaking etc often causes near misses from oncoming vehicles but I've not seen anything like this.

Via facebook I understand the bike rider has now been contacted and reported the incident to the local police. Let's hope they find him.

Cheers for taking the time to watch and read.

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Thought it was quite funny. Brass neck comes to mind.
  • bboti
    bboti Posts: 39
    I am surprised these things happen in England. I mean I am from Romania and I would be just a bit surprised seeing something like that here. Unfortunately cars use the sidewalk here way too often to park :|
  • I assume the driver is trying to make the point that cyclists should use cycle paths not roads...

Will be interested to see what excuse the police find not to prosecute him.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I know that being a complete dickhead isn't actually illegal, but please tell me that the plod are going to prosecute the tw@t for something.

A suitable punishment would be to take his licence off him for 6 months and insist he rides a bike instead. Preferably during the winter.

However I suspect all he'll get is a bit of a talking to and he'll carry on ranting to his mates down the pub about bloody cyclists clogging up his road...
  • Yes, I would have thought so.
  • Not that funny second time round.
  • I know it's not relevant, but isn't it a young woman driving it? Probably helps explain it if it is.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Donald Trump is that you ?
  • marcruse wrote:
    I know it's not relevant, but isn't it a young woman driving it? Probably helps explain it if it is.

No it isn't. Did you actually pause it and look at the driver?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    marcruse wrote:
    I know it's not relevant, but isn't it a young woman driving it? Probably helps explain it if it is.

2/10. Poor attempt at trolling :roll:

Or are you David Blunkett??