ROSE PRO DX CROSS-3000 Review / Info

12346»

Comments

• Gutted to report my beloved Rose Pro DX Cross was stolen from outside my office last night. I work near the Royal Exchange arcade so if anyone in or around the city/London area happens to see one please let me know.

Was running Schwalbe marathon plus tires, and has a Ritchey Stem, two black and white bottle cages. Ultrega pedals, Sram Garmin mount, Garmin speed and cadence sensor on the rear wheel.

:evil:
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • Gutted to report my beloved Rose Pro DX Cross was stolen from outside my office last night. I work near the Royal Exchange arcade so if anyone in or around the city/London area happens to see one please let me know.

Was running Schwalbe marathon plus tires, and has a Ritchey Stem, two black and white bottle cages. Ultrega pedals, Sram Garmin mount, Garmin speed and cadence sensor on the rear wheel.

:evil:

Sh*t sorry to hear that!!!!! Any luck with cctv/ police etc?

Were you insured?
  • Ps what colour?
  • I've just taken delivery of a DX CROSS-3100 Di2 today.

Will post details when I get chance.
  • CookeeeMonster - I bought a Rose Pro DX 3100, in part due to your positive review.

Tried to fit a pair of SMS chomaplast mudguards today. No issues at the back. However, the front mudguard eyelets seem to be in a different spot that the SMS mudguard requires. How did you resolve this? It seems like you have resolved this...?
  • CookeeeMonster - I bought a Rose Pro DX 3100, in part due to your positive review.

Tried to fit a pair of SMS chomaplast mudguards today. No issues at the back. However, the front mudguard eyelets seem to be in a different spot that the SMS mudguard requires. How did you resolve this? It seems like you have resolved this...?

Hi, I have the Portland Design Works mudguards and to be honest, I had no issues fitting them. Maybe you just need to cut them to size? (Assuming they're too long)

Else I'm not sure...can't imagine why they won't fit?

Hi, I have the Portland Design Works mudguards and to be honest, I had no issues fitting them. Maybe you just need to cut them to size? (Assuming they're too long)

Else I'm not sure...can't imagine why they won't fit?

The problem is that the attachment point for the mudguard seems to be near the axle - rather than the mudguard islet some 10-15cm above it. (unfortunately I can't seem to post a picture)

Your pictures seem to suggest that your do point to that islet.

Any thoughts?
  • Hmmm not sure - maybe pop an email to Rose? They're pretty good at replying, not sure if anythings changed on the bike...else you might need a different set of mudguards but I'd be suprised if you did
  • Hi there,

I am about to buy a Rose DX 3000 but I am a bit insecure concerning the frame size.

I hope someone can help me. I want to use the bike mostly as a normal road bike (no competitions, no trails).

my size: 177 cm (5´8)
    inseam: 84 cm (33,07´´)

54 or 56?

Many thanks!!!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    https://www.rosebikes.com/helper/framesizecalculator
    Says a 55cm

So based purely on that I'd go 54 as it's easy to make a bike bigger with a different stem / moving the saddle, but tough to make them smaller.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Thanks!

I just called Rose. They recommended a 56 since the top tube length is already rather short:
    56 = 540
    54 = 532

Tough decision :-(
  • dhope
    I'd trust Rose over me, I only used their calculator :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • The Canyon Inflite would also be an option.
    Size S, I suppose.
  • dhope
    Canyon Inflite is awesome, I have one :D

I got a medium at 5'10

Asprilla's slightly shorter than me I think, and got a small.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    dhope wrote:
    Canyon Inflite is awesome, I have one :D

I got a medium at 5'10

Asprilla's slightly shorter than me I think, and got a small.

Slightly shorter than you and got a large with a 100mm stem. I'm an odd shape. I need the higher stack more than the shorter reach.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • I consider supporting a local dealer and buying a Stevens Vapor Disc 2017

https://www.stevensbikes.de/2017/index.php?bik_id=11&cou=DE&lang=en_US

So, I wouldn't have to hassle with the wrong size.

Any thoughts on that one?
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Chicago81 wrote:
    I consider supporting a local dealer and buying a Stevens Vapor Disc 2017

https://www.stevensbikes.de/2017/index.php?bik_id=11&cou=DE&lang=en_US

So, I wouldn't have to hassle with the wrong size.

Any thoughts on that one?

1700 quid for a nice but not spectacular bike seems a bit pricey. You can get a lot of bike for 1700 - especially if you are willing to buy last years (or now this years) model