My Specialized Allez Comp!

mchuynh2
mchuynh2 Posts: 15
edited September 2016 in Your road bikes
Hello!
I'm proud to present my Allez :D
2015 model, everything is stocked except the Reynolds wheels and the ultegra carbon pedals.
My goal is to go all carbon except the frame, slowly upgrading each part.
Let me know what you think! Any advice or comments about the bike I'll gladly except.YvIold.jpg

Comments

• Good work, and nearly qualifies for the bikes on sofas thread
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Didn't even think of that...good one!
    Besides, my sofas a little old and too much hair from my dog...
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I like that bike 8)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What's the orange ribbon?

Can you photo from other side?
  • Thanks mate :)
  • coriordan wrote:

Good eyes, the orange ribbon was from a century ride in the Tour de Cure. I just never got around to taking it off.
  • mchuynh2 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

I can definitely take a photo on the other side. I'll do it as soon as I can.
  • coriordan wrote:

Here's the other side mate, excuse the lighting. There was no sunlight this time.
    Y0pu6s.jpg
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Very nice bike.
  • Looks great!! Good job, the ONLY thing spoiling it for me is the decals on the wheels, but that is entirely subjective...

I'd really like to try out those frames from specialized.....
  • diamonddog wrote:
    Very nice bike.

:D
  • sanspoof wrote:
    Looks great!! Good job, the ONLY thing spoiling it for me is the decals on the wheels, but that is entirely subjective...

Good perspective there! I was thinking that once they get a little worn off and old, I'd take them off so you're on to something...
  • mchuynh2 wrote:
    sanspoof wrote:

I'd really like to try out those frames from specialized.....[/quote

And you should if you have a chance, for an alloy/carbon fork frame, it's a lot lighter than I thought. Plus, they're really stiff and responsive. Pretty damped on the road with those lower pressures.
  • mchuynh2 wrote:
    sanspoof wrote:
    Looks great!! Good job, the ONLY thing spoiling it for me is the decals on the wheels, but that is entirely subjective...

Good perspective there! I was thinking that once they get a little worn off and old, I'd take them off so you're on to something...

I think that would look excellent....for me the wheel decals are detracting from how great the frame looks....

But its YOUR bike :-) And enjoy it how you wish !!!! :mrgreen:
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Great looking bike. I like the decals and the colour scheme, may not be everyone's cup of tea, but does it for me. Good work.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Looks great, well done
  • Well, I appreciate the compliments all :D

On another note, my black bar tape is wearing. If I switched it to green bar tape (same shade of green as the frame), Do you guys think too much or no? :mrgreen:
  • Anonymous
    I would say no. That said, my friend with a liquigas HM Evo put luminous red/orange tape on and it looks fab (from deda).

Only OCD comment would be non level saddle. Maybe slide it back a smudge it make it comfy when level?
  • coriordan wrote:
    I would say no. That said, my friend with a liquigas HM Evo put luminous red/orange tape on and it looks fab (from deda).

Only OCD comment would be non level saddle. Maybe slide it back a smudge it make it comfy when level?

That sounds like an interesting choice, would you happen to have picture perhaps?
    On the saddle note, I'm surprised I don't slide off on rides. I tried nudging it a little before and found it too much pressure around that area during longer rides. It may be the worn Lycra shorts, who knows?
  • Anonymous
    The red bar tape. May work

https://flic.kr/p/Lit5D5
  • Done the same thing a couple years ago, brilliant frames for the money have done a few upgrades since the have put Q rings on and chance the handlebars and stem, there completely bomb proof Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101200645@N08/9645655919/
    "Training is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you're tired. You stop when the Gorilla is tired"
  • nsmyth1988 wrote:
    Done the same thing a couple years ago, brilliant frames for the money have done a few upgrades since the have put Q rings on and chance the handlebars and stem, there completely bomb proof Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101200645@N08/9645655919/

Nice mate! Red and black always look good...You still take it out for spins?
    And it does seem bomb proof, now if only they can make kits crash proof :mrgreen: