Plain thread title Friday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
The men in white coats may have finally been round to see Sungod so I'll start one.

Tanking down with rain here - got woken around 4am by thunder. Hopefully not a sign of the day to come as it might be a busy one for a Friday. Some football later...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    had a lazy start today, only just got up :)

seems rather soggy outside, which is fine as i'm working from home today, honest, mostly i shall be integrating some cloud stuff and snacking

after four days of imposing order, direction and logic, i felt the need to do something more interesting

soon come
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The men in white coats may have finally been round to see Sungod so I'll start one.

Tanking down with rain here - got woken around 4am by thunder. Hopefully not a sign of the day to come as it might be a busy one for a Friday. Some football later...
    Breaking sungod's run of thread titles? Bad Stevo! :evil:

Biblically dark out and persisting down but we had a good innings. Might sneak out of work and go to a cafe for breakfast, I don't think anyone would notice.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Sunny but about 8 degrees cooler than yesterday up here. Still waiting on my bike order status to say something like 'Dispatched' rather than 'Bike Order', goddammit.

The prospect of riding bikes is looking pretty unlikely this weekend which sucks. GFs sister is coming to stay, arriving at 6:30pm tomorrow. I need to spend the day with the GF as it's the first day in 3 weeks we have seen each other properly then Sunday the GF is working, apparently it would be rude if I disappeared all day. Lame/10
  • sungod
    seanoconn wrote:

it's ok, it doesn't disrupt the master plan, soon all will be revealed
  • Builders turned up at 7.30 this mornign which was a shock.

I now have no window of wall along the front of the house and a lot of work to do over the weekend so the bike will probably remain on its wall mount all lonely and untouched by my buttocks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Cake Fryday over here
    cake.jpg
    I thought that one looked good, didn't consider how messy eating it would be. It was very good though. Cafe is calling for lunch and then I'm bunking off at 3.30 for POETS day.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    seanoconn wrote:
    I nearly got a clean sweep for the week last month when I was away on holiday but some bar steward went and beat me to it on the Friday. Don't get mad get even :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • V68, how long did it take to arrange your desk for that shot?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    V68, how long did it take to arrange your desk for that shot?
    That was definitely a staged pic.

Back to the cake. Strawberries, good. Cream, good. Meringue, gooood. :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon, decided to sell my bikes and invest in canoes instead. So far today we have flash flooding, a flood warning, leaking roof an the trains stopped because some land slid onto the tracks. Omens me thinks.

Work wise minimal was the plan but seems im having to do more profile related trudging today so fun afternoon ahead. Only plus is found a car breakers with a bumper for my car in the right colour so I can finally have a non hanging off bumper!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    seanoconn wrote:

Indeed, only took seconds though. Tea was already on the go, I use that mug as it annoys my manager and I had to shove some paper out the way and move the book from the left side of my desk by the phone. I thought TLW would particularly like the book.
    That was a good cake, fry up next...
  • sungod
    who pinched the pastry base?
  • Ciao

Day off today - went to bambina's new school to have a nose around, dug new winter bike frame out of the loft (Cervelo S2) and booked it in for powder coating (satin black) - whole build (including powder coating) will not exceed £100 - plan is full 105 and some spare Mavics that are a tad jivey that I have kicking around (but I don't mind them getting trashed.

Just finishing lunchtime curry and then onwards. Weights session later.

Have also put bid in to go to the Falklands in January, so expect some pictures of penguins.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Indeed, only took seconds though. Tea was already on the go, I use that mug as it annoys my manager and I had to shove some paper out the way and move the book from the left side of my desk by the phone. I thought TLW would particularly like the book.
    That was a good cake, fry up next...

Prefer the book to the cake :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Slow day in head office, thankfully a partial commute home to reduce work to beer time - first beer since Sunday!