Beginner mtb helmet.

Chr78
Chr78 Posts: 5
edited September 2016 in MTB beginners
Hi Guys.

I need advice on a beginner but ofcourse good mtb helmet. It is just for the occaisonal forest ride and for the road. It has to be well reviewed, light, secure and look good too. Max 70 Pounds.

I have heard this one should be good :

https://www.bikeinn.com/cykel/bell-supe ... lsrc=aw.ds

Regards Christian

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bit hardcore for a bit of forest and road.

The best helmet is the one that fits properly and is comfortable. Go to a shop and try on some different makes. Then if you want look online.

All helmets sold in the EU are to the same minimum standard, so a £20 one from Decathlon or somewhere will do the job as long as you are not doing full on gnarly DH stuff.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Bit hardcore for a bit of forest and road.

The best helmet is the one that fits properly and is comfortable. Go to a shop and try on some different makes. Then if you want look online.

All helmets sold in the EU are to the same minimum standard, so a £20 one from Decathlon or somewhere will do the job as long as you are not doing full on gnarly DH stuff.

Thanks cooldad. I think you are right on that one. Any brands you can recommend? Christian
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Different brands fit different shapes of head. You really need to try them for size and comfort.
  • Fenix wrote:
    Different brands fit different shapes of head. You really need to try them for size and comfort.

Wot he said!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Nice little bundle for 25 squids, http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BN129OOEHB ... met-bundle
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It is a good deal - helmet is ok as well, I have the previous model. This one is better. Almost bought one yesterday but it would clash with all my bikes. And I have a bunch of helmets.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools