Quick C2W query

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited September 2016 in Commuting chat
Just a quickie - if I buy a bike on C2W that's on special offer do I pay the reduced or full price?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    you pay what ever the shop is selling the bike for,
  • SecretSam wrote:
    Just a quickie - if I buy a bike on C2W that's on special offer do I pay the reduced or full price?
    The answer is: it depends!
    If it is through CycleScheme, the shop has to pay 10% to them. Hence, I know various people here have encountered each of the following: No special offers (full RRP only), special offer price honoured, special offer price + 10%.
    If you can, talk to the bike shop. I got a bike on the scheme earlier this year and the owner negotiated a 10% discount from the distributor. He passed that on to me (so he still got his full %age mark up, allowing him to pay CycleScheme and still make a profit).

HTH,

_
  • 22stu
    22stu Posts: 69
    I had to pay a 10% uplift on the shops price due to Cyclescheme. They told me that applies to all discounted bikes unless I purchased something at full retail.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Some online retailers (such as Planet-X) will uplift all prices by 10% to recompense them for the cut being taken by the C2W scheme organiser (where applicable).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    So: Evans on the Cut in London told me that you pay the sticker price, ie the reduced price. Pretty relaxed about it all. Good news - means I've £150 left of my voucher to spend!

It's just a hill. Get over it.