Wheels - Edco Gesero 65mm
Gears - ultegra di2
Crankset - Rotor/Carbon q rings
Saddle - fizik Arione R1
Pedals - dura ace
Chain - Kmc x11 sl
Stem - Easton EA90

Comments

• Chapeau for buying a new bike when the missus probably wanted to replace that patio and furniture
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Speckled
    Speckled Posts: 97
    lol you know it, priorities are where they should be
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Why the doormat on the table. Nice bike though.
  • Speckled
    for the cat to sit on - loves it
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Must be some sort of animal your cat. There's no way ours would sit on a wet mat.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    paving stones could do with a scrub.

Bike looks good, even the decals on the wheels.
  • Very nice, love Cervelo's.
  • Lovely bike...are they the Cervelo aero-bars fitted? If so, how are you finding them?
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Speckled
    Cheers guys! and patios a job for next year ;)

Yep its the S5 bar fitted. I think it looks and feels great, but you are limited to what stems and garmin mounts you can use. I wanted a zipp carbon sprint stem fititng, but the face plate was too chunky and wouldnt fit in the gap, so that had to go back and to save lots of hassle i just stuck with a normal type stem.

As far as garmin mounts go i could only find one from raceware that would fit, it looks ok, but i prefer the garmin to be lower down inline with the stem, rather than on top like it is.

So if i was to start again with what i know now, i'd probably go with a different aero bar. Purely because i wanted a different stem and garmin mount.

And before anybody mentions it yes thats tape holding the junction box, i wasn't going for the pro look its just the rubber strap wouldnt fit on the new bar once cut

14203189_10154558467210087_197258122960485845_n.jpg?oh=2952bd2ced5d676a3ded61c1201c52b1&oe=584397F4

14222309_10154558467050087_346597068742483836_n.jpg?oh=d1176bc4e81bb6dfa708a1769d4521c9&oe=5837C3AB
  • Chapeau for buying a new bike when the missus probably wanted to replace that patio and furniture

:D:D Brilliant!

Nice bike - our head guide in Majorca has the same. He likes it, but says he doesn't like the handlebar for some reason. I'll ask him next week!

As he's so goddam fast, I have an excellent recollection of what the rear view of the S5 looks like.....!
  • What size tyres are you running? I like the look of the s5 but hear they have very tight clearances
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • Stunning bike mate, congratulations.
  • Beautiful! Personally think it'd look better with black or no graphics on the wheels though.
  • Speckled wrote:
    Cheers guys! and patios a job for next year ;)

Yep its the S5 bar fitted. I think it looks and feels great, but you are limited to what stems and garmin mounts you can use. I wanted a zipp carbon sprint stem fititng, but the face plate was too chunky and wouldnt fit in the gap, so that had to go back and to save lots of hassle i just stuck with a normal type stem.

As far as garmin mounts go i could only find one from raceware that would fit, it looks ok, but i prefer the garmin to be lower down inline with the stem, rather than on top like it is.

So if i was to start again with what i know now, i'd probably go with a different aero bar. Purely because i wanted a different stem and garmin mount.

And before anybody mentions it yes thats tape holding the junction box, i wasn't going for the pro look its just the rubber strap wouldnt fit on the new bar once cut

Rec-Mounts Type 28 - made specifically for these bars and you get that nice out in front view and it's clean.
  • dnwhite88 wrote:
    What size tyres are you running? I like the look of the s5 but hear they have very tight clearances

25mm and its very tight, tbh its a bit of a flaw when trying to ride on british roads.

Ive been having a right mare when ive come across roads that are being surfaced dressed, the little stones get stuck on the wheel arch and bring the bike to a stop. Ive had to turn round a few times and even carry my bike up one hill - right laugh
  • Nice. I miss my s5 had some good rides on it but the frame cracked as many of the older design did.

Those bars will drive you nuts. The rear edge is too sharp and it digs into your hands after a while. My aeroad has the intergrated bars and the edge profile is much more rounded and i did 135.1 miles on it yesterday and was fine, so ething i couldnt do on the s5. Still love the odd looks as i think its different from everything else. I only have canyons now as too many cervelos cracked for me but lets hope the new design will be better. Looks good
  • Oh yeah good luck with stones going theough the rear arch. Mine with 23s had worn not only the paint away but also the carbon itself. I know this year they made it bigger but as you say 25s are a push. My aeroad is running 28s and is perfect. When your bored of it get an aeroad you wont belive the difference