New National 10 mile TT

Shadowrider
Shadowrider Posts: 483
edited September 2016 in Pro race
Marcin Bialoblocki of One Pro Cycling sets new national 10 record with an incredible time of 16:35.

Comments

• Mental fast. 36mph average??
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,480
    I knew he was a good time triallist but would never have anticipated him doing that sort of time.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Can a Pole hold the national TT record? Surely that's like saying Usain Bolt holds the national 100m record because he ran fast at the London Olympics.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    He's been here a good few years hasn't he? Then again I assume the record is actually the CTT record rather than a national record?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    RichN95 wrote:
    Can a Pole hold the national TT record? Surely that's like saying Usain Bolt holds the national 100m record because he ran fast at the London Olympics.

It's a CTT competition record so yes. A lot of salty people put there think Dowsett would have gone quicker; not on this planet!

More importantly I set a nice PB off 170w less than Marcin. :P
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Apparently also broke the 25 record today with a 44:04
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Good work.

He's a power machine and I know he's been producing some tremendous wattage in tests in the last few months too.

But, ever the cynic.. If ever there were a shady past, Marcin is one to look to.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • These records depend on course and conditions... today there is a fairly stiff breeze, if it works in the right direction, voilla...
    That said, it's a mighty fast ride
    left the forum March 2023
  • He's just done the 25 mile TT record as well 44.04
  • JSCL wrote:
    Good work.

He's a power machine and I know he's been producing some tremendous wattage in tests in the last few months too.

But, ever the cynic.. If ever there were a shady past, Marcin is one to look to.

Did he just do a Sosenka? :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Pross
    These records depend on course and conditions... today there is a fairly stiff breeze, if it works in the right direction, voilla...

Start and finish has to be within a certain distance of each other so it generally helps to have little wind. Volume of heavy traffic and a ski jump style start are generally what decides if a course is quick (and ideally just the turn junction).
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    These records depend on course and conditions... today there is a fairly stiff breeze, if it works in the right direction, voilla...

Its out and back with a tailwind home. Sorry, but that time isnt to do with lucky conditions. He just smashed it out the park.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706

Ha ha, if only it were that simple!

The fast courses always pull in the quickest testers, including sponsored/supported riders with access to aero testing facilities, the time, money and effort put in by the quick riders is not even remotely 'amateurish' these days. Riders can't just wait around all year for a float day nad all open events are advanced entry only.

Most testers know that breaking comp record when the previous holder is Alex Dowsett is something special but a sub-17 '10' AND 44:09 for 25 miles... both are absolutely phenomenal rides.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531

:D