Why we dislike Cav Part 2.

2»

Comments

• jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    :idea:
    Simon E wrote:
    Optrex lad, you should have gone to Specsavers.

:roll:

Whatever's he done. It's affected his eye sight. :x
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Maybe it was him Cav shouted at?

+1

The look on his face when Cav told him off was priceless. Trying to be cool when the world thinks you're a plonker.

CrnXKn6XYAAGNpw.jpg
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Don't feed the troll chaps
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited September 2016
    So, does anyone actually know what the kid said? No, I assume.

No point in judging the kid or Cavendish on this unless it's known what was shouted or how it was delivered (assuming it was something said).

If the kid has simply called him a côck or something, Cavendish is one for stopping.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    mfin wrote:

No point in judging the kid or Cavendish on this unless it's known what was shouted or how it was delivered (assuming it was something said).
    Cav said afterwards that the kid was shouting abuse so he turned around and offered his bike to the kid and told him to get on with it.

Obviously that's just one side but you'd think the kid would have come up on social media by now if it was something scandalous.
  • mfin
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    mfin wrote:

Cav said afterwards that the kid was shouting abuse so he turned around and offered his bike to the kid and told him to get on with it.

Obviously that's just one side but you'd think the kid would have come up on social media by now if it was something scandalous.

I would have taken his bike if it was on offer, shame the kid looked a bit intimidated by Cavendish, he's only tiny.
  • mfin wrote:

If the kid has simply called him a côck or something, Cavendish is one for stopping.

Why though, who goes to a bike race to shout insults at the riders ?

OK the point that Cav wouldn't have stopped if it had been a 30 year old brick outhouse is probably valid but so what if you shout abuse at someone they have a right to pull you up on it so long as the response is proportionate.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • bobmcstuff
    mfin wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    mfin wrote:

I would have taken his bike if it was on offer, shame the kid looked a bit intimidated by Cavendish, he's only tiny.

I'll have you know that 5'8" is not tiny :D
  • bobmcstuff
    (he's my weight too. Well, when I'm in shape he is.)
  • mfin
    mfin wrote:

OK the point that Cav wouldn't have stopped if it had been a 30 year old brick outhouse is probably valid but so what if you shout abuse at someone they have a right to pull you up on it so long as the response is proportionate.

Who's saying the kid has gone to shout at riders though? He might be having a nice time and thought in the moment just shouted something at Cavendish, who knows?
  • bobmcstuff
    mfin wrote:
    mfin wrote:

Who's saying the kid has gone to shout at riders though? He might be having a nice time and thought in the moment just shouted something at Cavendish, who knows?

He looked a bit smug for someone who decided to throw some abuse on the spur of the moment, I thought.

Also like I said upthread if it had been that innocuous you'd think his story would be all over the Internet by now.
  • bobmcstuff
    Also the kid possibly wasn't there to shout at all riders, might have just been Cav. There's a lot of people who really believe he took that Korean guy down on purpose, he's still getting a lot of abuse for that online.
  • mfin
    Or, if it wasn't innocuous you'd expect it to be all over the internet because of the opposite reasons. It's easy to have biased conclusions. Who knows, like I said.

I think you're reading way too much into it on little information there and filling in blanks to suit.
  • mfin
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Also the kid possibly wasn't there to shout at all riders, might have just been Cav. There's a lot of people who really believe he took that Korean guy down on purpose, he's still getting a lot of abuse for that online.

Might, might, might.
  • I've heard from someone spectating on the roadside where Cav stopped that the kid shouted 'you look knackered' which he took exception to, swore at him and stopped to tell him to have a go instead.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    This is simply poor quality trolling.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    Escher303 wrote:
    I've heard from someone spectating on the roadside where Cav stopped that the kid shouted 'you look knackered' which he took exception to, swore at him and stopped to tell him to have a go instead.
    It reminds me of when Eric Cantona kicked a Crystal Palace fan back in the day and a witness claimed that all the fan had shouted "It's an early bath for you Cantona". Sure that's what he said.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Optrex..., you're a Grade A weapon.

I love (is it?) Rob Hayles' sarcastic commentary on the incident, in that video clip. :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/