friday, she is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

last night, with the light from the sun skimming the curve of the world to bathe the eastern volcanoes in gold, through the lucid air the moon burned as if with the light of a thousand alien suns, with mars, saturn and antares attending it, while venus shone above the western horizon, the cool wind carried the sound of a distant purr

the tabby has eluded me, but i shall return another day to seek its wisdom

shiny bike packed, backpack packed, jamon y queso croissants packed, off to airport in a bit

weekend weather for london looks grim, but i shall ride and have cafe stops all the same

need to plan another holiday i think
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Stevie Nicks :-)
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Cant imagine Stevie Nicks eating Ham and Cheese Croissants
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I've started writing a response in the grammar school thread, debating whether to just delete it and stay out of it
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • I shall return home at 2pm with mixed feelings. Firstly i'll have finished work which is good, secondly because I hope to have a flipping massive hole in the side of my house!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    drlodge wrote:
    Alice in bloody wonderland more like it. I think SG is suffering from heat stroke and is a bit delusional.

Working from home today. Busy but a fair bit more peaceful than the office. Biggest issue is whether there are enough leftovers in the fridge to knock up a bit of lunch as I CBA to cook or go to the shops.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    fat daddy wrote:
    Cant imagine Stevie Nicks eating Ham and Cheese Croissants

It would play havoc with her dentures.

Me prevaricating me. Cooler today with lots of wind and cloud and the constant threat of rain. Need to go empty the van. Need to go to solicitors. Need to tie up loose ends. Need to clean Paris-Roubaix bike lookalike. F*ck it, want more coffee.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Happy Friday folks,
    Of all the things I've imagined Stevie Nicks doing eating croissants wasn't one of them, regardless of the filling.
    Started a bit late today as I had to drop the girl at school, fortunately traffic not too bad so I got in fairly quick and can still have a fry up and make an early get away. Need to get stuff ready for an early start and off to the Goodwood Revival tomorrow. Got a couple of old bone shakers so we can take them in and ride between vantage points around the track and can avoid car park queues by riding the last couple of miles. I'd forgotten what a royal pain in the aris cotter pins are. To make matters worse I didn't notice both had been fitted from the same side so the cranks are not quite opposite. Always a good day out even if the beer is overpriced.
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    I've started writing a response in the grammar school thread, debating whether to just delete it and stay out of it
    can't be arsed myself.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    drlodge wrote:
    Alice in bloody wonderland more like it. I think SG is suffering from heat stroke and is a bit delusional.

No, there is nothing delusional in anything he has written.

Let's see:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

last night, with the light from the sun skimming the curve of the world

That's what light does when it's sunset...
    sungod wrote:
    ...to bathe the eastern volcanoes in gold

The Volcano's of Northern Majorca(?*). An off white sort of colour, arid and lit up by the setting sun.
    "I presume this from the Tabby cat myth that goes with a particular Volcano which is mentioned in a book by Jason Webster. I can't recall it precisely as I read it some 12 years ago.
    sungod wrote:
    ...through the lucid air the moon burned as if with the light of a thousand alien suns, with mars, saturn and antares attending it...

Self explanatory really if you have a modicum of astrological knowledge. I like the use of 'attending' as it creates an picure.
    sungod wrote:
    ...while venus shone above the western horizon, the cool wind carried the sound of a distant purr
    the tabby has eluded me, but i shall return another day to seek its wisdom.

Refer to the above.

Very poetic. Maybe he should give up his day job and write. I shall miss these posts so he had better book another holiday soon. Perhaps, the Sierra Nevada in Andalucia.
  • Stevo_666
    This is the BB and some of those words are a bit long :) . Anyhow, stop getting all intellectual and swotty on me. (I've got a few academic qualies myself but I don't like being a show off).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    drlodge wrote:

No, there is nothing delusional in anything he has written.

Let's see:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

last night, with the light from the sun skimming the curve of the world

That's what light does when it's sunset...
    sungod wrote:
    ...to bathe the eastern volcanoes in gold

The Volcano's of Northern Majorca(?*). An off white sort of colour, arid and lit up by the setting sun.
    "I presume this from the Tabby cat myth that goes with a particular Volcano which is mentioned in a book by Jason Webster. I can't recall it precisely as I read it some 12 years ago.
    sungod wrote:
    ...through the lucid air the moon burned as if with the light of a thousand alien suns, with mars, saturn and antares attending it...

Self explanatory really if you have a modicum of astrological knowledge. I like the use of 'attending' as it creates an picure.
    sungod wrote:
    ...while venus shone above the western horizon, the cool wind carried the sound of a distant purr
    the tabby has eluded me, but i shall return another day to seek its wisdom.

Refer to the above.

Very poetic. Maybe he should give up his day job and write. I shall miss these posts so he had better book another holiday soon. Perhaps, the Sierra Nevada in Andalucia.
    Yes but intelligence (or heat stroke as we refer to it in BB) is like an underwear. It is important that you have it, but not necessary that you show it off.

I'd have you both burned at the stake.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    This is the BB and some of those words are a bit long :) . Anyhow, stop getting all intellectual and swotty on me. (I've got a few academic qualies myself but I don't like being a show off).
    Wow Stevo, high five, touch fists whatever. I have a few academic quailes too. They came free with Coco pops.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Wow Stevo, high five, touch fists whatever. I have a few academic quailes too. They came free with Coco pops.
    Did they include English language? :wink:

Or are you implying you have an intelligent bird? :D
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    seanoconn wrote:
    I have a few academic quailes too. They came free with Coco pops.

elitist snob !

Its so unfair, some families cant afford Coco pops and can only buy un-branded "choco puffs" .. Its not fair, they don't get the same advantages as you, its not fair, they want free qualifications too
  • seanoconn
    Quailes/qualies is a made up word. I can make it up how I like :P
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Quailes/qualies is a made up word. I can make it up how I like :P
    The sound of backpedalling :wink: Anyway, stop getting in the way of me provoking Pinno :)
  • Stevo_666
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

elitist snob !

Its so unfair, some families cant afford Coco pops and can only buy un-branded "choco puffs" .. Its not fair, they don't get the same advantages as you, its not fair, they want free qualifications too
    Just go to uni and do something like Philosophy or history of art. I remember at my old uni someone had written on the bog roll dispenser 'philosophy degrees - please take one' :)
  • seanoconn
    edited September 2016
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

elitist snob !

The Coco pops were a birthday present for my son. They've lasted nearly a year, he's allowed one bowl a month.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

elitist snob !

The Coco pops were a birthday present for my son. They've last nearly a year, he's allowed one bowl a month.
    Isn't he a bit thin by now?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

elitist snob !

The Coco pops were a birthday present for my son. They've last nearly a year, he's allowed one bowl a month.
    Free school dinners 8) His ribs were beginning to show at the end of the summer holidays though.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Free school dinners 8) His ribs were beginning to show at the end of the summer holidays though.
    Get him down for your local grammar school then. They're introducing a peasants quota :P
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    A poor but balanced argument submitted to the GS thread, with a few digs in for BB measure.

Just been out to grab some petite fours and cheese for dinner tomorrow evening. Tonight I shall find some friends and escape the house as the Date has friends visiting. Anyone fancy a pint?

Eyeing up London 6 tickets, only hospitality left but with the NFL it could just be a weekend of sport.

Puppy chewed through her lead on the walk this morning, she decided that it didn't let her explore enough. luckily she came back to call
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

elitist snob !

Unlike most people who eat coco pops
  • tlw1
    In the sprawling metropolis of Hayes today, early start but worth it as I'm meeting up with some pals later as a mate is over from the states

It's going to be messy
  • pinno
    {Peddantic mode on] No one has so far proved that SG is in cloud cuckoo land in any shape or form. That doesn't mean to say that he isn't.[Pedantic mode off]

Please don't get in the way of Stevo provocation, nothing like a good bun fight on a dull, wet and windy afternoon. Besides, he might get bored 'cos he's got farq all else to do except try and look like he knows what he's doing and whipping the minions all the time* requires energy output; something that would be depleted by Tuesday anyway (unless he's clever and employs someone to do it, the minions are probably safe).

*If there are any left/survived.

Time I stirred up sh1t in the GS thread.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    In the sprawling metropolis of Hayes today, early start but worth it as I'm meeting up with some pals later as a mate is over from the states

It's going to be messy
    Visiting the motoring mafia by any chance?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It's going to be messy

Can't imagine it. Something far more benign like the world Jacket potato Jamboree.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It's going to be messy
    No, it's just that bit too far to make a lunchtime viable. He needs to leave soon to avoid the clusterfuck that is the M25 between the M4 and M40 on a Friday afternoon.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It's going to be messy
    No, it's just that bit too far to make a lunchtime viable. He needs to leave soon to avoid the clusterfuck that is the M25 between the M4 and M40 on a Friday afternoon.

If I ever get off this call!

Going south on the m25 to the m23 - so I'm stuffed
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Going south on the m25 to the m23 - so I'm stuffed
    You're not wrong there.