Little Shop of Horrors: child appropriate?

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited September 2016 in The cake stop
The reason I ask is it's coming to our local theatre, and my lad was lead in the school's production of "The Rocky Monster Show", a kind of kid-friendly mash-up of Little Shop of Horrors and The Rocky Horror Show.

Clearly the Rocky Horror Show is unsuitable (he's 11) but what about Little Shop of Horrors? Only seen the film once, and all I can remember is a huge plant and Steve Martin's "Dentist" song :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I love these over protective comments that people put on films : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091419/par ... tt_stry_pg

"Audrey II is slightly phallic." FFS....
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    When Disney was going down the tubes in the late 80's and hadn't had a hit animation for decades some unnamed genius realised that what they needed was the team who wrote Little Shop of Horrors to write movies for them. So they hired Ashman and Menken to write "Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and The Beast" and suddenly Disney were back in business.

I think it would be suitable for an 11 yr old - think about what passes for 12A in the cinema these days. If in doubt, ask the theatre if they have any guidance, as they may have made changes to the script with a particular age in mind.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I don't see why it would be inappropriate .... its no different to Jurassic park, just slightly more unbelievable