More Trail Sabotage...

Angus Young
Angus Young Posts: 3,063
edited September 2016 in MTB general
There really are some morons out there. Stay safe...

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/saboteurs-strike-vitus/
All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Morons doesn't start to describe it. Farking psycho killers.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A round of the British Enduro championship has just been cancelled, the word is that such trail sabotage has frightened the insurers.

With such a degree of tampering one hopes the Police can recover some evidence if it wasn't contaminated too much by the Marshalls removing them.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    Man that sh!t is sucks. It's amazing how moronic people can be. A women in North Vancouver was charged for doing that stuff. You may have seen this:
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2468303/north ... sentenced/
    Nuts.
    Many happy trails!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    One of the dog walkers around here puts branches across trails. We just ride over them though.
    I'm hoping he might move on to rocks and build a nice rock garden.
  • The Rookie
    Maybe one of the walkers will get a sprained ankle!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ross Gardner
    Ross Gardner Posts: 230
    Yeah on some of the trails near me they do this... my tip is to pick busy times and busy trails (not ideal, but safer).
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    The train of thought of someone that places objects on trails must've had a serious derailment somewhere along the line.

Really disgusting behaviour, thankfully I've only come across a couple of logs (thankfully not human) over the years which were promptly flung out the way. Those string/wire traps could cause some proper damage.
  • The Rookie
    A few trails near me often have logs across them, but as you can see where they have come from naturally I'm fairly sure they aren't malicious - unless trees have evolved a lot very quickly!
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    And here we go again. Riding in to this stuff at full pedal doesn't bear thinking about...

http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/lethal-trail- ... and-346253
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
  • All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.