Vuelta Stage 15 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    Absolute chaos. Froome loses about 2.35 plus bonus seconds so around 3.40 to get back. It looked like he had the psychological edge yesterday, what a difference a day makes.
  • Game over for Froome.
    The "C" team ain't up to Movistar.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross wrote:
    Absolute chaos. Froome loses about 2.35 plus bonus seconds so around 3.40 to get back. It looked like he had the psychological edge yesterday, what a difference a day makes.

That stresses the weight of team Sky in his TdF win I guess...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Pross wrote:
    Brambilla gets his reward for causing the initial carnage.

Si si, glad he took the win over Teeny Tana and Bert
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Pross wrote:

And proves that Quitana and Contador are dodgy if they don't need their team? :wink:
  • What a belter! Double hammer blow from Movistar yetserday and today.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Pross wrote:

only if you really really want to think that's true...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    Valverde dropped Froome. :P

Not for long. My dislike for Froome is known, but I'll say this for him: he's got guts
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    edited September 2016
    Pross wrote:

Yes, but also stresses the importance of Movistar's team in Quintana's Vuelta so far. Really good race, been a valiant effort by most in the sharp end of this race.
  • jawooga wrote:

And proves that Quitana and Contador are dodgy if they don't need their team? :wink:

Here we go...
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    edited September 2016
    jawooga wrote:
    Pross wrote:

no , it proves he peaked for the tour , not the vuelta :roll:
  • Beautiful racing but that was a disproportionately harsh punishment for Sky and Froome’s misdemeanour in the first few km.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Enjoyed that. Been a while since I've seen minutes gained outside a Tt.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    That was fun.

Who'd have thought- Froome goes from winning the TdF to being finished in the space of 2 months. :shock:
  • I'm knackered.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Pross wrote:

Quintana wouldn't have got that gap today without his teammates (and Contador's)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    jawooga wrote:

Here we go...

Whoosh.
  • tim000 wrote:

... meanwhile Valverde...
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Quintana wouldn't have got that gap today without his teammates (and Contador's)

Agree...
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    tim000 wrote:
    jawooga wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Yeah, clearly I was joking. Just makes me laugh that people attack Froome if he rides off the front like Ventoux a couple of years ago and attack him when using his team professionally. I agree he peaked for the tour and it's amazing he's still in contention.
  • I'm knackered.

'ave a lie down, Saddles

Maybe a drink. Take the edge off
  • Beautiful racing but that was a disproportionately harsh punishment for Sky and Froome’s misdemeanour in the first few km.

Its actually Movistar delivering 3 years late what they should have done on stage 9 of the 2013 when they had Froome on the ropes and mucked it up. Better late than never!
  • jawooga wrote:
    tim000 wrote:
    jawooga wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Yeah, clearly I was joking. Just makes me laugh that people attack Froome if he rides off the front like Ventoux a couple of years ago and attack him when using his team professionally. I agree he peaked for the tour and it's amazing he's still in contention.

It's not attacking Froome, it's about seeing what a race the Tour could be without an "all star team"... frankly this is great racing and what seen in July was a boring cycling exhibition... I don't care if Quintana or Froome wins, I just don't want to waste time watching stages where nothing happens whatsoever
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Beautiful racing but that was a disproportionately harsh punishment for Sky and Froome’s misdemeanour in the first few km.

Its actually Movistar delivering 3 years late what they should have done on stage 9 of the 2013 when they had Froome on the ropes and mucked it up. Better late than never!

Where's that post of the vuelta thread?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    jawooga wrote:
    tim000 wrote:
    jawooga wrote:
    Pross wrote:

It's not attacking Froome, it's about seeing what a race the Tour could be without an "all star team"... frankly this is great racing and what seen in July was a boring cycling exhibition... I don't care if Quintana or Froome wins, I just don't want to waste time watching stages where nothing happens whatsoever

You mean like stage 13?

Only a couple of days ago people were whingeing about how boring the Vuelta was because there hadn't been any massive action packed stages in the first week or so.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2016
    I'm knackered.

'ave a lie down, Saddles

Maybe a drink. Take the edge off

The Tour of Britain should do that nicely. :wink:

Froome now in a scrap for 2nd with "El Grenado" and little Chaves.
    Somehow, I don't think he'll enjoy his din dins tonight with the thought of that prospect.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Beautiful racing but that was a disproportionately harsh punishment for Sky and Froome’s misdemeanour in the first few km.

I'm not sure about that. Froome was always in the same group as them on that stage and decided to follow only their moves. It was an opportunity, but today was as much to do with Sky being asleep as anything.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff wrote:

You mean like stage 13?

Only a couple of days ago people were whingeing about how boring the Vuelta was because there hadn't been any massive action packed stages in the first week or so.

Not me... I enjoyed this Vuelta, I enjoyed the drama of the Giro too
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    bobmcstuff wrote:

You mean like stage 13?

Not me... I enjoyed this Vuelta, I enjoyed the drama of the Giro too
    Yeah same for me, I enjoyed the giro quite a lot.

I also enjoyed the Tour.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:

I also enjoyed the Tour.

Including the so called battle for the GC?