L'Etape London 2016

Thigh_burn
Thigh_burn Posts: 489
Is anyone doing it this year? Initially got quite excited, but been underwhelmed by the organisation so far - looks a bit amateur hour.

I also worry that lots of people are going to be over-excited by the TdF-lite atmosphere, and will try to race and frankly be a*ses.

Comments

• VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    It was quite good last year, but the route in and out of London was pretty awful. I did it pretty quickly and the finish area wasn't set up! Nice medal though! :roll: I tend to only do rides once, so won't be back.
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • VmanF3 wrote:
    It was quite good last year, but the route in and out of London was pretty awful. I did it pretty quickly and the finish area wasn't set up! Nice medal though! :roll: I tend to only do rides once, so won't be back.

Thanks - that disorganisation strikes me as par for the course.

Also the complete radio silence of others on here makes me think it's not all that popular.
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    It was ok on the day - had a good ride out, most of the route was fine. Start and support was good, just the finish was a bit screwed up.

Last lap of the circuit was fun. It was a good morning on balance, if a bit expensive.
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug