Trek Domane Project 1 v. purple!

samcp99
samcp99 Posts: 21
edited September 2016 in Your road bikes
This is my Domane which I’ve had for just over a year which I bought it after selling my S-Works Tarmac. The change was dramatic moving from a race machine to the smoothest bike I have ever ridden. The ISO Speed is amazing and needs to be ridden to be appreciated.

The colour is a little Marmite but, I get a lot of compliments when ridding it and I love it. The bars and stem I had sprayed to match and the guy did a perfect job colour matching the purple.

Frame: Trek Domane Project 1 400 Series
Forks: As above
Bars + Stem: Pro Stealth Evo

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
Cables: Shimano Ultegra
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra

Brakes: Bontrager OEM

Seat: Fizik antares v5
Seat Post: Bontrager Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Original

Chainset: Shimano Ultegra
Chain: Shimano Ultegra
Cassette: Shimano Ulegra 11-28
Pedals: Shimano

Wheelset: Brontrager Aura 5 50mm carbon clinchers
Tyres: Conti 4 Seasons 28mm

Shout with any questions/comments

IMG_6587_zpseqj9gptq.jpg
IMG_6576_zpsnmkpscok.jpg
IMG_6581_zpsljqmkaex.jpg
IMG_6578_zpscj4pgeyw.jpg
IMG_6589_zpswuuipfkt.jpg
IMG_6591_zps0ssumm05.jpg
IMG_6571_zpsoedtbrlx.jpg

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Love it. Congrats, that looks great, IMO.
  • i like it. Get some purple cable end caps from tornoto cycles and a purple rear mech dress kit while your at it for the rear mech. Also you could do what I have done take the brakes apart and send them off for anodising in purple.

I would also have wheels built with sapim purple nipples.

You cant have enough purple. I am building a purple bike it fun just because its purple.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    Very nice. An unusual colour choice - like the way the bars are blended in with it. Nice spec.
    What's it like to ride?
  • Nice attention to detail and quite an impressive garden shed!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • SME wrote:
    Very nice. An unusual colour choice - like the way the bars are blended in with it. Nice spec.
    What's it like to ride?

It's great to ride and I'd really say unless you're racing, the Domane is v v hard to beat for all round. I've taken it down a couple of towpaths recently and it handles the bumps better than my CX bike with fatter tyres!
  • Nice attention to detail and quite an impressive garden shed!

The shed was the compromise! I wanted the bike to live indoors, my wife wanted it to live in the shed so...I got a new shed so I could at least see the bike from indoors :D
  • Nice bike. Thinking of getting a set of those wheels. How do you find them?
  • That looks great, love the colour!
  • Nice bike. Thinking of getting a set of those wheels. How do you find them?

They're good and I've had no issues with them going out of true etc. It's tough to know exactly how else to judge them. My previous were Shimano RS81 C50's and these feel like they catch the cross winds slightly less but...they're both 50mm clinchers so I'm not sure that can be true!
  • It's actually alright but please don't go down the anodising route - it'll only fade into random colours in about 6 months and end up looking like a chavvy 1990s GSXR .........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • It's actually alright but please don't go down the anodising route - it'll only fade into random colours in about 6 months and end up looking like a chavvy 1990s GSXR .........

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything but having had a Trek mountain bike about 20 years ago that I anodised to death I learnt from my mistakes...plus the deep section carbon rims means you can't see the nipples!
  • Rudd
    Rudd Posts: 264
    Hi - can I ask who you got to spray the bars?

Thanks
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That looks great. I love the way the Domane rides, I would only ever change mine out for a higher spec model
  • Rudd wrote:
    Hi - can I ask who you got to spray the bars?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, manic week at work.

David at http://www.colour-tech.co.uk/ did the bars. I shopped around a lot and he was about 50% the price of anyone else. I did the design and had stickers made of the Pro and Trek logos which David used for masking (he did the lines himself based on the designs I had supplied).

From getting the bars, designing and getting the stickers to getting a sample of the purple for him to colour match etc took about 2 months but worth it.
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    That looks great. I love the way the Domane rides, I would only ever change mine out for a higher spec model

What are you riding at the moment?
  • If anyone is interested, due to a fast incoming new arrival to the family this bike is for sale : (

viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13070087
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    samcp99 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

What are you riding at the moment?
    This is mine: viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12918827

Don't sell the bike because of the baby! You will eventually get time to ride it again!