Vuelta Stage 14 *spoliers*

thegibdog
thegibdog Posts: 2,106
edited September 2016 in Pro race
The 'Queen' stage.

PROFIL.png

(interesting the Vuelta stage info is hosted on letour.fr)

On Eurosport all day, currently a very large break (~40 riders) up the road with 4 minutes on the peloton.

Comments

• the first climb and descent was on tight roads with a bad surface
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    SKY been put on the ropes by Movistar. Froome could be very lonely come the last climb.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Going to hold out for the ITV highlights, don't want to risk that idiot Kirby's inane cr@p for the whole stage.
  • inseine wrote:
    SKY been put on the ropes by Movistar. Froome could be very lonely come the last climb.

I'm sure he'd like it just to be him v nairo on the last climb, plus sky showed at the tour they are happy to let the break get a massive lead so nairo can't get any help from the riders out in the break
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Going to hold out for the ITV highlights, don't want to risk that idiot Kirby's inane cr@p for the whole stage.
    He was literally talking crap before, saying about how he used to throw sheep droppings at his brother. I'm sure Eurosport viewers can relate to his brother's experience.
  • inseine wrote:

I'm sure he'd like it just to be him v nairo on the last climb, plus sky showed at the tour they are happy to let the break get a massive lead so nairo can't get any help from the riders out in the break

Can't give it a massive lead because Moreno is only 4:44 behind Froome.
  • hot down there today, that's a extra 50 watts for the Dawg.
  • On the subject of Carlton's drivel - anyone emailed Eurosport complaining about the quality of the commentary? Perhaps if they were inundated with Carlton is dire emails they might sit up and listen
  • thegibdog wrote:
    He was literally talking crap before, saying about how he used to throw sheep droppings at his brother. I'm sure Eurosport viewers can relate to his brother's experience.

I does explain why he's so good at it.

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention but I didn't know that his brother is a production designer, with some decent credits too.
  • Why do they have to talk all the time? They should watch some Richie Benaud commentary.
  • the time gaps were all over the pace, it was just over 3 and a half minutes then at the top of the climb it jumped up to 6 minutes
  • the time gaps were all over the pace, it was just over 3 and a half minutes then at the top of the climb it jumped up to 6 minutes

Indeed! Ridiculous
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    inseine wrote:

Can't give it a massive lead because Moreno is only 4:44 behind Froome.

This ^ SKY have to mark the break, Movistar can take a rest.
  • Orica BE appear to be leading out their rider that they left in the peloton. :?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Orica BE appear to be leading out their rider that they left in the peloton. :?

Yep being very generous to Movistar who are just sitting in the break. They'll be sod all use to Chaves when they're caught.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Is it ok for a Domestique to carry the water bottles of their Leader? Froomey could get Lopez or whoever to carry his bottles saving Froome the weight of carrying the 2 bidons over the first 3 climbs. That weight must tally up at the end of a stage. Must be against regs. :)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Aubisque from Laruns... great memories and a deserving finish...
    left the forum March 2023
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    RIGHT, just got home ready to sit down and watch.

What have I missed?
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Knees in machine mode
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Thoroughly enjoying watching it on the Kirby-free Eurosport channel.
  • JSCL wrote:
    RIGHT, just got home ready to sit down and watch.

What have I missed?

nothing..
  • ocdupalais
    There's a lot of suffering going on - somehow it seems more tangible without the distraction of commentary...
  • ocdupalais
    Attacks in the large break fracturing things. Lead down to 5:25
  • Kirby still calling OBE as Movistar. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ocdupalais
    Yates going long!
  • Urika have a plan
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    There's a lot of suffering going on - somehow it seems more tangible without the distraction of commentary...

I find Carlton's commentary helps me find a sense of solidarity with the riders and their suffering to be honest.
  • I like Kirby..there I said it..
  • Yates kicks again
  • Yates has made Movistar start pulling