TheBigBean
TheBigBean Posts: 20,552
edited September 2016 in Pro race
Another rest day for the peloton.

tumblr_ocj16ul8CQ1ropreyo9_r1_1280.png

Comments

• TheBigBean
    The break has 19 mins with 78km. Nothing happening in other words. Break includes the following:

Yves Lampaert (Etixx-QuickStep, Michael Gogl (Tinkoff), Gatis Smukulis (Astana), Tom Stamsnijder (Team Giant-Alpecin), Sergey Lagutin (Katusha), Jelle Wallays (Lotto Soudal), Danilo Wyss (BMC), Vegard Stake Laengen (IAM Cycling), Valerio Conti (Lampre-Merida), Stéphane Rossetto (Cofidis), Cesare Benedetti (Bora-Argon 18), Romain Cardis (Direct Energie)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Movistar need to get the lead below 10.38 minutes to keep their team classification lead (and they do care about such things)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Nobody seems bothered about chasing today
  • The original profile was this:-

profil_13.jpg?w=581&h=192

Which explains why the break is 19 minutes up the road, I guess.
    Nice weather and countryside to make up for the total lack of racing.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • TheBigBean
    In case anyone is frantically refreshing this page just in case they are missing some action, please be reassured, you are not.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,557
    TheBigBean wrote:
    In case anyone is frantically refreshing this page just in case they are missing some action, please be reassured, you are not.

Thanks! I was getting worried... :wink:
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Even Conti looks bored crossing the line.
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Is there a time limit that might make it a bit more lively?

Would add some entertainment
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Off to airshow now for some action!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    IanLD wrote:
    Off to airshow now for some action!

And some planes, I hope
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    froome attacks

only joking :-)
  • 33'54" between winner and Peloton.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    I wonder if Ugo will be on to tell us how much more exciting the Vuelta is than the Tour and ASO need to learn from the Vuelta organisers how to make an exiting race?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Pross wrote:
    I wonder if Ugo will be on to tell us how much more exciting the Vuelta is than the Tour and ASO need to learn from the Vuelta organisers how to make an exiting race?
    And if not maybe someone can compare average speeds of Grand Tours and make some deduction about doping.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    I think the problem with the TdF these days is that it's getting a bit like the World Cup (of football). People are more concerned with not losing as opposed to actually putting their neck on the block and trying to win. I think this Vuelta is starting to look a bit like that too.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    That was desperate stuff. Got back from the US today having watched practically none of the race so far and was looking forward to being able to watch a stage. Just so boring. I do realise they don't work the route around my travel plans but it would have been nice to see some racing.
  • salsiccia1
    The Grand Tours have always had stages like this, transition stages with not much going on. It can't be three weeks of non-stop attacking.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    True but after a single very good stage there were people proclaiming how much better the Vuelta is than the Tour and how ASO needed to learn from them.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,229
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    The Grand Tours have always had stages like this, transition stages with not much going on. It can't be three weeks of non-stop attacking.

But I am a consumer of cycling! I demand a product that meets the very specific requirements that I laid out in previous whinges... How hard can it be!?
  • smithy21
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

2wd54if.jpg
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Pross wrote:
    True but after a single very good stage there were people proclaiming how much better the Vuelta is than the Tour and how ASO needed to learn from them.
    Learn from themselves?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/aso-sec ... -a-espana/
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

But I am a consumer of cycling! I demand a product that meets the very specific requirements that I laid out in previous whinges... How hard can it be!?
    Yes I demand explosive attacking stages every day with a very close GC battle that isn't decided till the end. Not that hard surely ;)
  • salsiccia1
    smithy21 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

2wd54if.jpg

Well you were one of the ones complaining about a boring stage. No need to be a prick.
  • smithy21
    If a stage is boring it's ok to say so, captain obvious.
  • Has anyone pointed out yet that if they'd chucked a few stages for the sprinters in they might have some sprint teams that would do some of the work of pulling back breaks over the course of the three weeks?

Of course, then we could complain about the sprint stages instead...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • salsiccia1
    deleted, can't be arsed