Faceache rocket goes BOOM!

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,317
edited September 2016 in The cake stop
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    If that's an anomaly, then I hate to see something go wrong.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    £200 million, gone in a puff of smoke...no one from the KLF could be contacted for comment.
  • pinno
    The satellite was for 'greater internet coverage in Africa'. Sounds good but there's a big part of me that is sceptical about the implication that their actions are philanthropic.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well I would imagine that they lease the satellite's bandwidth with a premium for higher speeds? I think it Is among the world's fastest growing economies with sole reliance on 'mobile' technology in lesser developed areas as there is no fibre optic broadband as you might imagine.

While it may be a nice thing to do, stating that someone is putting a £200m satellite into space for free seems a bit far fetched.
  • pinno
    I don't think there is any suggestion it was for 'free' but to dress it up as something other than a purely money generating scheme is marketing /PR scam.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Isn't that the launcher's specialty?
  • pinno
    coriordan wrote:
    Isn't that the launcher's specialty?

Then the 'launcher' is now saying 'ooops' and the PR dept. are scrabbling a contingency plan for future contracts as this particular regular flyer design is pencilled in for a Mars mission in 2018.