SS A'Hoy

mr_eddy
mr_eddy Posts: 830
edited September 2016 in Commuting general
Decided to convert my Hoy to run SS. I had a load of the bits already so only had to be some spacers / Cog and chain. Its so nice to ride a SS speed again, I forgot how smooth and silent they are. Nothing against my geared bikes but SS just feels right.

Its gonna be used when I fancy a more casual ride to work (on dry days - No guards and a white frame!) also handy for popping to the shop or meeting my mate at the pub:

Not sure how much it weighs but I would guess around 9kg as its lighter than my steel road bike which I know to weigh 10kg.

Spec as follows:

Hoy Shizouka .000 Frame and Fork
FSA Downhill bar cut to 500mm
Shimano RS21 wheels
Avid SD 3 V brakes with Promax levers
Vitty randonneur 35c tyres (Heavy but bomb proof)
ProLite Sardinia 46t Track chainset
16t Rear cog with Onza SS spacers
1 1\8th KMC Chain

Weight: around 9kg ?

The chainline is bang on and I manged to get the chain so that its tight when pedalling, Its a bit loose when stationary but so far its not dropped once and I have bunny hopped and curb dropped all over the shop!

Good for about 16-20mph on flat roads, A bit harder up hills but thankfully its basically flat where I ride

20160828_134728_zpsvs55jlbn.jpg

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Chain looks a bit slack!

Looks good though.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.