wednesday, it's gonna screw your head, you're gonna wind up dead

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,517
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

i may possibly be confusing wednesday with smack, oh well

scorchio again yesterday, the lovely carol kirkwood nipped over to try out the pool

pre-dawn start today, just a medium-ish ride today as i can hear the wind has picked up, may be a bit warm on the way back

enjoy

this post may contain less than 100% of fact
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Got my company medical this morning so no brekky or coffee till later. Bah. Still its always good to get advance warning if you're on your last legs. And I'm getting paid for doing it :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Lie in this morning as TDV took The Hound out - on the flip side it meant that I didn't get an early morning spin in :(.

First coffee of the day has been drunk now to have some brekkie before Bambini style shenanigans. May clean a bi-cycle later and you lot even might get a picture of the 99% finished Peugeot Vitus (tyres left to change to matching and that's it).
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Managed a pleasant pedal in this morning, felt a little autumnal with a ground mist in the park. Very pretty though. I didn't meet any psycho women driving Corsas so I'm ahead of Jeremy Vine and no murderous truck drivers so I'm ahead of Bally. Don't often get path rage from the deer. My big Ozzie isn't ordering until tomorrow so I've got a quiet day ahead of me. Out for a beer and curry tonight with a former colleague, should be a laugh.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Currently trying to track down a cast stome window sill, I suppose I should have taken some pictures of what I'm trying to replicate before leaving work but never mind...

I may try and sneak in a ride before Sunday but am contemplating tapering this week.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cor, dropped my missus off at the station so instead of riding in at 7am I rode in at 9:30 .... what a difference that makes, it took blooming ages to get in, traffic slows you down so much .. damn 20mph limits in Bristol means all the cars travel slower than you. You cant draft them, you need to brake to avoid them

on the upside a couple of excellent drafts to overtake, but then alas, the bus ! do they purposely design these things to get in peoples way, if they were the size of a car, they could fit in gaps and wouldn't block the road.

today I had 3 busses side by side blocking an entire road, both sides of the road ... and yet the busses were all going the same direction .... Why, would a bus over take a bus, that's over taking a bus ..... and result in both lanes becoming totally blocked in both directions .... muppets ?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    oxoman wrote:
    Blinded by the sun on the drive home, just a quick brew then to bed. Off for a few days with plenty of riding including first cyclocross race.

Good luck with that one.#

@HD - 'Cast stone' ? You don't cast stone. You can get stone cut.

http://www.gallowaygranite.co.uk/granite-products.asp

Postage might be a problem but if you cover some diesel costs, i'll meet you in Carlisle and you can buy me lunch.

Me playing house husband and singing 'I want to break free me'. Getting in touch with one's feminine side isn't something i'll be doing again especially since Bally is a tad randy and currently roaming the country side. I'll lock the doors.
    Pedalling tomorrow. Might be an epic on a quiet bicycle. That'll be a first for a while. Sounded like the wind in the rigging before and was somehow comforting and familiar.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    May clean a bi-cycle later and you lot even might get a picture of the 99% finished Peugeot Vitus (tyres left to change to matching and that's it).

You should clean half the bicycle and post pics in vintage section, they love your sense of humour :D

I gained 168 watts, this morning, instantly :shock:

With little or no effort...

...Got back from my bike ride and hosed off my PV panels :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    May....it).

You...humour :D

How did you do that, is there a catch?
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    @HD - 'Cast stone' ? You don't cast stone.
    I thought it would be a stone dust / resin type affair. My shower tray is made of the porcelain equivalent, might be called Coram or something.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I thought it would be a stone dust / resin type affair. My shower tray is made of the porcelain equivalent, might be called Coram or something.

Thank you for the translation. I bet the purveyors of such artefacts will love him.

"Hello"
    "How you doing, I need a stone wotsit for a windowsill"
    "What sort of stone wotsit?"
    "You know, looks like stone that's been cast..."
    "Err..."

I bet you get a few like that. "I need an electric doodah for a widget thingy with the shiny top - 1954. Have you got one?"
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    May....it).

You...humour :D

How did you do that, is there a catch?

I did think of posting that in po face section :D

Amps coming in before and immediately after hosing the summer dust off the photovoltaic panels :D
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    I bet you get a few like that. "I need an electric doodah for a widget thingy with the shiny top - 1954. Have you got one?"
    You don't know the half of it. :roll: That's why I mainly deal with trade and avoid the public.
    I think cast stone is quite common for anything decorative. Come to think of it aren't some paving slabs a cast mix of concrete and stone?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Pinno wrote:
    @HD - 'Cast stone' ? You don't cast stone. You can get stone cut.
    Our cast stone and reconstituted stone window sills (cills) come in four different standard types and lengths. See below for our standard sill measurements.

At Procter Cast Stone we have a range of standard cast stone window cills and cast stone window sills, and these can be supplied in a wide range of colours.

But as always, I get the pedantic nature of forums and let it pass me by.

Anyway, I have found the bits I need after nipping home and taking a few measurments so things will not grind to a five week halt as the builders usual guy is away on holiday for that long!

Next phonecall is to the woodburner flu people to get some bits and then I'm pulling down the false chimney breast we constructed about two years or so ago.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Our cast stone and reconstituted stone window sills (cills) come in four different standard types and lengths. See below for our standard sill measurements.

At Procter Cast Stone we have a range of standard cast stone window cills and cast stone window sills, and these can be supplied in a wide range of colours.

But as always, I get the pedantic nature of forums and let it pass me by.
    On the subject of interweb pedantry could you ask them to pick either sill or cill and stick with it. :mrgreen:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    team47b wrote:
    May clean a bi-cycle later and you lot even might get a picture of the 99% finished Peugeot Vitus (tyres left to change to matching and that's it).

You should clean half the bicycle and post pics in vintage section, they love your sense of humour :D

With little or no effort...

...Got back from my bike ride and hosed off my PV panels :D

Well that's gone and done it now............ Check it out now, you funk soul brother.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Isn't cast stone just a posh name for concrete? Beats wood as I'm sick of paying some chimp to paint our windows.

Anyways it's hot here on a Greek isle in the agean. A clunky and heavy mtb hire bike has been acquired for the duration, which has been short but sweet. I half had my eye on the sea to see if SPG arrived on Lionheart so i could sail up and show my forthright appreciation of his demeanour and unlikely ability to lye in bed straight.

Reality beckons with a new role starting on Monday and the start of many long zone two rides until December which will be interspersed with a weekly threshold session and a tightening of the nut on food intake.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    Reality beckons with a new role starting on Monday and the start of many long zone two rides until December which will be interspersed with a weekly threshold session and a tightening of the nut on food intake.
    Clapham to Hackney? Stevo goes through loads of zones on his communt.
    Good luck with the new position.
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

sounds like that'd be corian, there're umpteen variations on it
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, passed my company medical with flying colours in that I'm not going to die imminently and apparently I'm in good shape for my age :roll: . Is a VO2 max of 42.6 any good?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    depends on age

if you search for vo2 max vs. age you'll find charts of ratings
  • team47b
    It's good if you're 20...

...or 59 :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yay, passed my company medical with flying colours in that I'm not going to die imminently and apparently I'm in good shape for my age :roll: . Is a VO2 max of 42.6 any good?

It's good but not excellent.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/norms/vo2max.htm
  • Stevo_666
    vo2max_chart1.gif

If any of you roadies want the secret of my God-like fitness just drop me a line :P
  • pinno
    Oh no.

Seano
    VN68 and now
    Stevo.

Is there any bloody hope?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no.

Seano
    VN68 and now
    Stevo.

What have we done then?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no.

Seano
    VN68 and now
    Stevo.

What have we done then?

You'd probably think this post was about you.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no.

Seano
    VN68 and now
    Stevo.

What have we done then?

Well you did mention me...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh no.

Seano
    VN68 and now
    Stevo.

What have we done then?

Well you did mention me...

The Carly Simon reference went wooosh...

Seano and his mirror pic, VN68 and his low BMI count and now he's 'godly' and then you.
  • Stevo_666
    I wasnt going to own up to knowing about a girly song like that.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I wasnt going to own up to knowing about a girly song like that.

But it's the only cd in the Mazda