Vuelta stage 10 **spoilers**

1235»

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Joelsim wrote:
    RonB wrote:
    Def more than one category.

Prev holders of the Cat2: Rigo Uran & Richie Porte?

Yeppa. Uran was also not enamoured of Monsieur Froome

He's not done much since he left.

Like a 2nd runner-up spot in the Giro? Aye.

There was only one decent GC rider in that and he came first. Rolland and Pozzo also top 5 along with Aru who I don't rate as highly as many others do.

He's nowhere near the top level, on a par with Brambilla or Barguil IMO.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    RonB wrote:

There was only one decent GC rider in that and he came first. Rolland and Pozzo also top 5 along with Aru who I don't rate as highly as many others do.

You don't start playing that card. You can only race who was there. Simple. And when Barguil pr Brambilla manage 1, never mind 2, GT podiums, you be sure to come tell me.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    On another topic, I see that Teeny Tana and Piti are in the market for power meters to be banned from use in races

Like that would make the slightest difference to the way in which Sky ride

Nairo was glued to his yesterday, from memory he had a good hard look at it before attacking Bertie.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Yesterday was a cracking stage to be fair but cannot understand anyone saying ASO should learn from the Vuelta. The rest of the stages have been as bad as anything we saw in the Tour and then there's the Vuelta's apparent disregard to any kind of basic course risk assessment.

Gesink did a fantastic ride to hold Froome and pip him at the line. Is Froome so confident he's prepared to play games and let the others burn themselves out? It looks a bit like a cycling version of Ali's 'rope a dope' tactic.
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    RonB wrote:

You don't start playing that card. You can only race who was there. Simple. And when Barguil pr Brambilla manage 1, never mind 2, GT podiums, you be sure to come tell me.

If I was a DS looking for a GC rider then there are at least 20 I'd choose ahead of Rigo. I'll happily name them if you like. The Giro has such an average startlist these days that it isn't a great indicator.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    nobody remembers domestiques

880830-george-hincapie.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • nobody remembers domestiques

paging The Loyal Lieutenant!

(though I think Big George's personal investment advisor certainly remembers him)
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Simon Clark is not going to be starting tomorrow following a rest day diagnosis. Sounds like his shoulder is a right mess.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    dish_dash wrote:

No love for Nibali? He's an exciting GC rider who likes to roll the dice... won more GTs than Froome and Quintana too...

Yes my mistake forgot about Nibali - he has to be up there too.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766

The enduring memory of Hincapie will be Horner 'shadowing' him during his 'victory roll' on the Champs Elysees. He could Escape the peleton for a brief moment, but not his past.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Deleted.
  • above_the_cows
    type:epyt wrote:

The enduring memory of Hincapie will be Horner 'shadowing' him during his 'victory roll' on the Champs Elysees. He could Escape the peloton for a brief moment, but not his past.

That just cemented Horner as a bit of Richard in my opinion.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

The enduring memory of Hincapie will be Horner 'shadowing' him during his 'victory roll' on the Champs Elysees. He could Escape the peloton for a brief moment, but not his past.

It was probably my favourite Horner moment. Nothing personal against Hincapie, but he did get off lightly for his misdemeanors and the attempted "lap of honour" was really taking the ****.
  • above_the_cows
    BigMat wrote:

It was probably my favourite Horner moment. Nothing personal against Hincapie, but he did get off lightly for his misdemeanors and the attempted "lap of honour" was really taking the ****.

I think out of the two of them Pappy got off lighter.
  • Totally with ATC on this. Horner is a little sh*te who's got away with murder over & over again. And that's even before we arrive at the 2013 Vuelta.

#IDidThat indeed
  • Totally with ATC on this. Horner is a little sh*te who's got away with murder over & over again. And that's even before we arrive at the 2013 Vuelta.

#IDidThat indeed

Did someone mention Horner and 2013? :P

CrIrSqzXEAAcxVa.jpg

On today's climb, too.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Ole!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can we have that list with a Tucker 1-10 suspicion score. And Teams ;)
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    coriordan wrote:

needs a graph
  • joelsim
    coriordan wrote:

Froome 11
    Everyone else 6