Storck Aerfast Pro.

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited June 2018 in Your road bikes
Properly collected/finished this today finally. Spent a while sorting it over the past couple of weeks, umming and erring between a 55 and 57/58 frame. In the end we got both in and went for the 57 with the -17 stem for the longer wheelbase and slightly shorter (120mm) stem.

28383639184_41149fe2d4_c.jpg

Storck Aerfast Pro frame. DA 9000 Groupset, Zipp 303s with 4000S II. Selle Italia SLR. Storck RBC180 handlebar. 3T stem, may be swapped out if I find something nicer.

Dream to ride, bars are interesting, take some getting used to but really comfy yet stiff when needed.

Weight... 7.30kg, probably 20g less without the packaging for the cages and tape...

28383640084_812798d327_c.jpg

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Nice !!! Interested to hear a report on how it rides.
  • angry_bird
    Nice !!! Interested to hear a report on how it rides.

Cheers, so far this only has a handful of miles on it, put a few in on the demo but not quite the same. Shoukd have 200-300 miles on it at least by the end of the week, with some decent climbing thrown in too to see how it really goes upwards.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Always some nice stuff down at Richs place :wink:
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    She's a beaut!

Owned and destroyed 2 Storcks in the past :)
  • angry_bird
    Galatzo wrote:
    Always some nice stuff down at Richs place :wink:

There certainly is!
    zoomer42 wrote:
    She's a beaut!

Owned and destroyed 2 Storcks in the past :)

Thanks. Hopefully this one won't get destroyed!!
  • angry_bird
    Thanks!

A bit over 200 miles on it so far, no complaints yet. Feels noticeably stiffer than the CAAD, bit of flex in the bar is nice, overall pretty happy. Climbs very nicely too. Very happy so far at least, suspect it'll get put away for a couple of days now given the impending rain and the new winter bike will get a couple of outings!
  • angry_bird
    Little over 600km on it so far. Really happy with it. Certainly feels fast, how much of that is in my mind it's hard to say but either way, I really enjoy riding it. Climbs nicely, as most bikes around that kind of weight will tend to, power transfer feels good and surprisingly comfy to ride too for an aero bike. 200km on it yesterday in and around the Peak District with about 4500m climbing chucked in and didn't feel that bad by the end of it. Popped some cheap wheels in for it so as not to wreck the Zipps but

The new bar tape may not be to everyones taste, me and a mate decided to pop this stuff on to brighten things up a bit, been getting lots of disapproving looks though...

28862430780_3a3424f76c_b.jpg

Ramblists weren't impressed with the pink at all.

28527975824_52089b1522_b.jpg
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    image_zpsm93vvusf.jpeg

Snap, although kitted out with SRAM Force, Reynolds strike with tubeless schwalbe ones and Easton EC90 aero bars.

Only ridden it once so far and I can confirm its fast. I decided an aero bike deserved aero bars but I'm quite intrigued by the flexy Storck bars. Any more thoughts on them?
  • Angry Bird wrote:

Very nice pair of bikes... but some tasty blue (leather Dipell) bar tape would tie in just lovely with the inner fork and chainstays...
    :D

blue.jpg
  • angry_bird
    Vortice wrote:
    image_zpsm93vvusf.jpeg

Snap, although kitted out with SRAM Force, Reynolds strike with tubeless schwalbe ones and Easton EC90 aero bars.

Only ridden it once so far and I can confirm its fast. I decided an aero bike deserved aero bars but I'm quite intrigued by the flexy Storck bars. Any more thoughts on them?

Nice!

Little under 1100km on it so far, really like the bars, the flex was a bit weird at first, particularly when they seem so stiff when hammering it, really like them now though. Shame I can't afford to put them on my other bikes.
    coops1967 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Very nice pair of bikes... but some tasty blue (leather Dipell) bar tape would tie in just lovely with the inner fork and chainstays...
    :D

[img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://dipell.com/2011/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/l/blue.jpg</span>[/img]

Haha cheers, unfortunately blue is one of the colours that is never going on the bars, mostly because I won't get a match for the fork and stays... in the flesh the pink has proved surprisingly popular. Might have to swap it out for yellow and see how that goes down.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Love it AB!
  • angry_bird
    So, here she is looking amazing in Spain earlier this year. The eagle eyed may notice the fork is different, I managed to damage the original fork transporting the bike so replaced it with the F.3 fork with the silly bowed legs.

27991400337_9e33ce7854_b.jpg

Sadly, I crashed shortly afterwards. Cracked the chain stay and damaged the (non-replaceable) mech hanger :roll: Of all the things, the bike was awesome but that sodding hanger was stupid.

Anyway, insurance came good and paid out.