tuesday, it's getting so hot, people dripping with sweat, the punks in the corner are speeding like

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

just went out for a pre-dawn gander, scenic crescent moon above the volcano, chickens crowing, things with exoskeletons chirping

scorchio yesterday

ride, sun, beer, the rich cycle of life continues
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Leaving home in a few minutes, a nice drive to Basingstoke followed by a few days working , hopefully I will be home for the weekend
    Have a nice day, sunshine in Lincoln at the moment
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Punk free zone here, but otherwise a rather pleasant end of winter day.

Tried song-writing today, a basic 12 bar blues intro, but gave up when I couldn't find a suitable rhyme with "I've got those post-neurosurgery blues..."

Doctor suggested I should just take more drugs. When did that become a good idea in their minds?? I'll stick to a daily prescription of Singleton at the moment thanks. Make it a double.

No job, no life, no wonder I'm on BR posting cr@p... :lol:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Tried song-writing today, a basic 12 bar blues intro, but gave up when I couldn't find a suitable rhyme with "I've got those post-neurosurgery blues..."

I'll work on your song and you can work on my one which didn't get far beyond the first line:

[In a country, Johnny Cash style] "It's been kinda lonesome in the saddle since my horse died".

[quote="Wheelspinner"Doctor suggested I should just take more drugs. When did that become a good idea in their minds?? I'll stick to a daily prescription of Singleton at the moment thanks. Make it a double. [/quote]

The drugs don't work...

[quote="Wheelspinner"No job, no life, no wonder I'm on BR posting cr@p... :lol:[/quote]

It's a prerequisite. Now you're qualified to write real crap and shirk properly.

Morning skulking loafers

Me going out to pedal me. Sister on way down from Edinburgh. Hopefully, i'll go too far and I won't get a reception on my mobile.
    Those noisy exoskeletal feckers would be called lunch in parts of Africa.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just been for a quick ten miler, fresh coffee drunk, planned next stage of moto-bike build, shoes bulled for some rubbish ceremonial tat I have to and translate at at the weekend - just got to and pick up good uniform from the tailor and brush me hat and all sorted.

May lounge in the sun for a bit and have some advocado on toast with salt 'n' pepper (not the rap duo though) before recommending the day with the Bambini.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Ming the merciless has finally finished rinsing the last of the Bank Holiday Patrons money out of her empire, and I can get off on the Holiday, I d had booked from Saturday. Go and see what whats left of Norfolk after Stevo's recent visit.

Kids back to school next week and a new Cyclescheme voucher due!!!!!!!! Yay!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    had a gentle 55k meander, couple of cafe stops

scorchio again, mid-thirties so far, still over two hours until solar noon :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    ^This may be helped by this>
    Doctor suggested I should just take more drugs.
    Morning all,
    Lovely and sunny here, unfortunately I'm at work and have had to drive here...twice. Just been home to take the girl to physio then had to drive back in as my good lady's new velocipede has been delivered. Box looks like it's been round the world twice already, hope the bike is ok but I haven't looked in the box. Reasonably busy in here as a sunny bank holiday means everyone with an old car has been out and broken down. Lots of customers keep bothering me.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I'm still playing catch up after the holls which will take a day or so.

Builders turned up this morning so I'll have a big hole and some wet concrete (I hope) when I get home then this weekend will invole demolishing the front room and a 100 miler on Sunday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Lovely and sunny here, unfortunately I'm at work and have had to drive here...twice. Just been home to take the girl to physio then had to drive back in as my good lady's new velocipede has been delivered. Box looks like it's been round the world twice already, hope the bike is ok but I haven't looked in the box. Reasonably busy in here as a sunny bank holiday means everyone with an old car has been out and broken down. Lots of customers keep bothering me.
    Trouble is, the drugs they want me to take aren't any fun at all, and nor do they help matters much. I have a cupboard full of failed pharmacology attempts...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon,

Written today off after two big nosebleeds randomly this morning I feel very sleepy. Annoyingly stuck at work while theres a nigh on perfect blue sky outside.
    Whys it always good weather when your at work?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Trouble is, the drugs they want me to take aren't any fun at all, and nor do they help matters much. I have a cupboard full of failed pharmacology attempts...

We're ll different. We could swap some drug stories.

I personally get on well with Codeine and Diclofenac.

DF118 leaves you Alice in wonderland.
    Morphine blurs the line between reality and dreams.
    Tylex (Paracetamol 450/Codeine 30mg) will bung you up for a month.

What have you got in the cupboard?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Just been for a quick ten miler
    Shame on you, I managed more today and I haven't even pedalled home yet :)

Looks like the holiday season is over here. Never mind, still warm enough for a decent pedal in shorts/short sleeves. Got my annual company medical tomorrow so best get into shape by trying a bit on the way home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Bit of a rarity from me, a cycling related post.
    Overtaken by a 40 footer today which managed to clip my shoulder as he pulled back in front of me.
    Grazed shoulder but nothing serious. Lorry didn't stop but the Jewson's driver behind did, to give me the registration number.

PS I was wearing a helmet but sorry no headcam footage.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Drugs? Drugs? You want drugs? I got drugs, man. Big ones, small ones, ones that make you dance.

drugs_zpsnegzdedl.jpg

This is The Big Bag I carry around - two more small pouches on my belt as well. I find that they make me look slim. They counter act my stooped big Italian nose.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Do you know which ones go where?
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Lucky bugger - well jealous. AT the moment I'm getting an hour before TDV goes to work so its a quick spin with cold legs, no coffee and an empty stomach. And I'm not really the best person in the world in the morning so its not the nicest of rides.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Do you know which ones go where?

Sort of. I have a Mr Bump of the Mr Men style diagram sellotaped on the outside with arrows pointing out bits of the body with names attached - you know the sort of thing: "head" "leg" "arm" "rectum (snigger)".

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Holy smoke MF. Is that your own personal stash? Do you want to open a pop up shop in Stranraer? You'd make a killing.

Do you actually carry all that sh1t around with you?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Lucky bugger - well jealous. AT the moment I'm getting an hour before TDV goes to work so its a quick spin with cold legs, no coffee and an empty stomach. And I'm not really the best person in the world in the morning so its not the nicest of rides.
    Not so sure lucky is the right word as commuting given where I ride. I should buy a helmet cam so people can snigger at the quality of my 4 hours a week and cheer themselves up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    4 hour week. :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    4 hours of pedalling, thicky.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Bit of a rarity from me, a cycling related post.
    Overtaken by a 40 footer today which managed to clip my shoulder as he pulled back in front of me.
    Grazed shoulder but nothing serious. Lorry didn't stop but the Jewson's driver behind did, to give me the registration number.

PS I was wearing a helmet but sorry no headcam footage.
    You have a bike? :shock:
  • ballysmate
    Complete with stabilisers.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Holy smoke MF. Is that your own personal stash? Do you want to open a pop up shop in Stranraer? You'd make a killing.

Do you actually carry all that sh1t around with you?

Yup - plus some fluids and a few other bits and bobs that aren't in the picture (giving sets and that rubbish) - that was prepping it prior to last deployment.

Plus all the other trash we have to carry. It gets quite tedious. Most of the time I wish I was in the Air Force or the navy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck off.
  • pinno
    Glad you're OK Bally. Even though no other miserable curmudgeonly BBer didn't say so - especially that humourless basket Stevo. Those incidents don't half leave you rattled.

@MF. My mate was a signaller. He used to bemoan about the fact that not only had he carried his kit, he had to carry all the communication stuff on top. He said he was going to give me his Arctic sleeping bag but when he told them he was finishing up in x number of months, they didn''t renew his kit.
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:

I've tried several of the NSAID's - Voltaren, Mobic, Celebrex, as well as the OTC varieties, without much success. Diclofenac is good for skin cancers or other lesions. Can't use them at the moment anyway as they are inhibitors for bone graft processes apparently. All of them give me serious digestive problems.

Endone and similar make me nauseous and dizzy (ok, more than usual dizzy). Oxycodone variants (Targin for example) better but still cause chronic constipation.

Codeine is back on the trial list, but never been successful in the past much for me.

Tried Lyrica (active ingredient is pregabalin) - useless in my case. Also causes constipation something horrible.

Tried Endep - phark knows why that was even prescribed, certainly the pharmacist was surprised to see the script. I took them for three days and have never been so depressed in my life. Awful awful awful things.

I occasionally take oxazepam (better than diazepam I find) just to try and break the tension cycle, and they are one of the few things that actually works for me.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck off.
    :lol:

That's the most eloquent response I've had since Rick first posted on the Labour party thread.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck off.
    :lol:

That's the most eloquent response I've had since Rick first posted on the Labour party thread.

What's happened to the great supporter of womon's issues? Has he fuked off to live in VTech's man cave?