how to split you money between the frame and the wheels ?

silviull
silviull Posts: 16
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
hi, guys,
i started to look out for my 2017 bike build and even if it is not my first build (is the 2nd :), i was asking myself how could i divide my money between the frame and the wheels... i already have the groupset, handlebar, etc, but i intend to build a disc brake, endurance frame, with thru axle and some aero-looking wheels ( with rim height around 30-40 , and external width 24-28). let s say that i have 1500 eur/usd/gbp. what is the amount that i should devote to frame / wheels (chinarello excluded).
for example a 1000 eur giant defy frame and some 500 eur hunt wheels (even if they are only 28 height)? or a 700 boardman frame and 800 eur wheels ? or a 500 eur cube frame and some, i dont know... fulcrum quattro carbon wheels ?
thank you for your time.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I would get your ass on all the frames you are looking at and give them a ride. Ok do it won't feel quite the same due to different group and wheels, but it will give you an idea of the geo and the flex

Which ever you find the most comfortable, go with that then soank the rest on wheels
  • 80% Frame, 20% wheels
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles