Knee pads for a 6 y/o?

Baron Greenback
Baron Greenback Posts: 128
edited October 2016 in Family & kids cycling forum
Hi there everyone,

Can anyone recommend some knee pads for my 6 y/o son? He's fallen off a couple of times, and both times have resulted in knee scrapes.

From a Google search, all I've found are loads of thick plastic cap types, for skating. Was hoping for something more subtle?

Thanks,

Greenback

Comments

• Yakboy
    Yakboy Posts: 55
    Look on eBay for kids volleyball knee pads. Soft pads with a good fit and you can get very small sizes. They will cost no more than £10. My 10 year old has knee and elbow pads and they are so much more comfortable and a much better fit than the hard skateboard pads
  • Yakboy wrote:
    Look on eBay for kids volleyball knee pads. Soft pads with a good fit and you can get very small sizes. They will cost no more than £10. My 10 year old has knee and elbow pads and they are so much more comfortable and a much better fit than the hard skateboard pads

Thank you Yakboy! I'll search for some now. Much appreciated!
  • Doubling the volleyball knee pads idea above. For some reason in the smaller categories smaller sizes tend to be better with other sporting equipment. I've worn pads meant for other contact sports and usually prefer them over biking equipment (aside from helmets, of course).
  • I ended up buying some MMA / Volleyball knee pads from eBay. They were about £7, and have been pretty good to be honest. On Saturdays ride, they started dropping down the shin a little, but it wasn't often, and wasn't a great deal of hassle to stop and relocate them.

I might try a band of insulation tape around the top of them next time, to help secure them.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    my skinny 11 year old wears bliss elbow pads on his knee's, going to get the small size for my 7 year old