A bit off topic but i really do not like John Craven

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited September 2016 in Pro race
for some reason

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    His work on countryfile was better than newsround.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Get out! He gave me my favourite teddy!

Why are we discussing John Craven?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • The_Boy
    Why are we discussing John Craven?

I think he grew a beard and changed his name to Dan.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I don't like Matt Baker
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Is this dislike because the Daily Express reported that Countryfile was in meltdown due to a spat between Craven and Baker? It was in the script, there was no spat!

For those of you with greater resolve than I, who haven't been tempted by the click bait, there was a feature set in a pub called the 'Craven Arms', and John said he had always wanted to say "get out of my pub". As John was behind the bar, and Matt was the 'customer ' this was interpreted by some hack at the Express as tantamount to the end of the world.
  • The_Boy
    As John was behind the bar, and Matt was the 'customer ' this was interpreted by some hack at the Express as evidence that Lady Di was murdered.

Cfy.
  • above_the_cows
    I am so confused :?
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I like Ellie Harrison.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Talking of things I don't like, that IPhone commercial. Argh. Crap idea and the most grating VO I've ever heard.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    It was on just as I opened this thread, couldn't agree more. I also agree with FocusZing!
  • joelsim
    FocusZing wrote:
    I like Ellie Harrison.

Couldn't agree with you more if it came with a chocolate eclair attached.
  • 1) Very occasionally saw John Craven in the bar at BBC Pebble Mill (a friend of mine worked on Countryfile), he was perfectly charming.
    2) The iPhone ad is a Maya Angelou poem which I love.
    3) I'll get me coat...
  • joelsim
    1) Very occasionally saw John Craven in the bar at BBC Pebble Mill (a friend of mine worked on Countryfile), he was perfectly charming.
    3) I'll get me coat...

Yes. As a poem it is nice. As a commercial for a brand like apple it's sh*te, made worse by having someone really very annoying doing the VO.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    1) Very occasionally saw John Craven in the bar at BBC Pebble Mill (a friend of mine worked on Countryfile), he was perfectly charming.
    3) I'll get me coat...

Yes. As a poem it is nice. As a commercial for a brand like apple it's sh*te, made worse by having someone really very annoying doing the VO.

It sounds like the Angelou herself or someone who is certainly trying to sound like her. As for using it on an iPhone ad, yeah that's....nonsense.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    3) I'll get me coat...

It sounds like the Angelou herself or someone who is certainly trying to sound like her. As for using it on an iPhone ad, yeah that's....nonsense.

It is Maya Angelou.

Maybe this thread should be renamed "anything but la Vuelta"?
  • above_the_cows
    I have no idea what iPhone add you are talking about but am disappointed that Maya Angelou gave permission for her poem to be used for such commercial purposes. I always thought she was sort of against that kind of thing.
  • The_Boy
    I have no idea what iPhone add you are talking about but am disappointed that Maya Angelou gave permission for her poem to be used for such commercial purposes. I always thought she was sort of against that kind of thing.

She's also sort of dead, isn't she? So presumably will be whoever owns copyright to the sound recording who is the devil.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    The_Boy wrote:

She's also sort of dead, isn't she? So presumably will be whoever owns copyright to the sound recording who is the is the devil

New iPhone feature maybe...
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

She's also sort of dead, isn't she? So presumably will be whoever owns copyright to the sound recording who is the is the devil

New iPhone feature maybe...

iRessurect?
  • FocusZing
    My knee hurts a bit this morning, nice bit of sun though.

I wonder where the surname Craven comes from?

How can space go on forever, there must be a point where it stops? I don't believe in all that doughnut rubbish. I like doughnuts though, but not custard ones.

If the Americans landed on the moon, where is the moon buggy? I can't believe they bought it back!?

I find John Cravens voice a bit annoying, not that he can help it.

I wonder if a bike can be peddled on the moon?

If I was a bird why fly to Rhyl? why not fly somewhere really nice like St Ives and live.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    FocusZing wrote:
    If the Americans landed on the moon, where is the moon buggy? I can't believe they bought it back!?
    They're still up there (there's more than one)

nasa-moon-landing-site-photos.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FocusZing wrote:

How can space go on forever, there must be a point where it stops? I don't believe in all that doughnut rubbish. I like doughnuts though, but not custard ones.

Yes, but I think you would struggle to find a buyer.

If I was a bird why fly to Rhyl? why not fly somewhere really nice like St Ives and live.
  • FocusZing
    RichN95 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    They're still up there (there's more than one)

nasa-moon-landing-site-photos.jpg

Few one less thing to worry about.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    FocusZing wrote:
    Few one less thing to worry about.
    Well, is it one or is it a few?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    FocusZing wrote:

But his voice isn't in the same league for annoyance as Matt Baker (not that he can help it either) and don't get me started on Helen Skelton's voice.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    FocusZing wrote:

The answers to all such questions can be found on Puck Moonen's Instgaram feed...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    The_Boy wrote:

She's also sort of dead, isn't she? So presumably will be whoever owns copyright to the sound recording who is the devil.

Well yes. Still sad though.
  • joelsim
    The_Boy wrote:

Well yes. Still sad though.

It's on in every ad break on ES during the live Vuelta stages.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Dabber wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

But his voice isn't in the same league for annoyance as Matt Baker (not that he can help it either) and don't get me started on Helen Skelton's voice.

I'm sure JC's voice has become more toothy in the past few years, as if his dentures are too big for his mouth.
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    ...and 'H'esink is in the break of the day!
    Half man, Half bike