acid mothers temple absolutely freak out sunday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

the morning dilemma of yaiza or femes looms again, will have to see which way the wind blows

which brings us back to dylan, obvs he did the definitive like a rolling stone, but a hard rain's a-gonna fall, dylan or ferry?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Lovely day, but wasted because I can't really do anything at the mo'... :evil:

On the bright side, if there is one, Mother has gone home today. Lovely lady, but high maintenance as a house guest...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Slightly spitting this morning ... Ditched the dark wet ride for a Zwift session .... Kind of wished I had gone out on the road now, the rain never amounted to anything
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Think I'll get up soon.

Got a couple of people coming round to quote for sorting out the parents back garden which is a bit of a mess. In between that the Boro game is on SKY and we've got a family friend dropping in to watch it this afternoon. May go for a run later if this bloody rain stops!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rain overnight was unwelcome but has cleared the air

Today is lunch out and if I can time it right back in time for the gp (on channel 4 plus one)

Then swimming in the pool, followed by beer at the pool and then a BBQ
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Still sorting the garage today, a gathering tonight and a ride tomorrow.

Now the summer is looking like its past its best I think I'll look for some skiing holidays!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Rain seems to have stopped, Dogs walked. Time for a coffee and some breakfast, perhaps boiled egg and soldiers. Will head out on the bike to ease up the legs mid afternoon I think
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Now the summer is looking like its past its best I think I'll look for some skiing holidays!
    Top idea 8) Think I will start emailing the usual suspects.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Zurs/ St Anton for me this year. probably only the one (ski holiday that is)

Where you lot thinking (inspirtation ofc)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Zurs/ St Anton for me this year. probably only the one (ski holiday that is)

Where you lot thinking (inspirtation ofc)
    St. Anton was the last place I went - top place but I like to rotate. Its probably back to France this season coming - my regular ones are Tignes/Val, Three Valleys or Chamonix/Argentiere. Cant really go wrong with those for skiing and après.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

hard rain's a-gonna fall, dylan or ferry?

I think that you will find that when crossing the flood he used a bridge over troubled waters rather than a ferry.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    FishFish wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

hard rain's a-gonna fall, dylan or ferry?

I think that you will find that when crossing the flood he used a bridge over troubled waters rather than a ferry.

Are you sure it was that? I thought he went to Scarborough fair and didn't bother with the ferry across the Mersey. On the way he asked me to pass him a cigarette as there was one in his raincoat.

Morning knicker sniffers.

Sunday swim followed by the new all singing, all dancing soft play area. 10 x better than the Council one or the previous version which went into administration.

Sun is out. No pedalling till Tuesday but feeling good after the miles I put in. Oh, the beauty of the acquisition of a single T25 Torx 'P' handle: Brake pads properly aligned, rear mech pinched up (couldn't previously get the damn thing to run smooth), both ergo levers now tight and not squeaking and so it's so quiet and smooth. Greased up the metal plate on the Keo's - perfect, cheers fellas. Only 1 downside - my left calf went stiff with 20 miles to go (50 miles in). Found a gate to a field and did some calf stretching on the 2nd rung up. Super, felt good. Got back on the bike and left pedal was all crunch crunch crunch... The grease that had transferred to the cleat had picked up dust and gravel...

Such is life.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    I've never had problems like that with my pedals :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That's 'cos you don't pedal.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That may be true but its not the reason :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That may be true but its not the reason :wink:

It's a problem that I have only found with new cleats. This and the fact that I bought some new shoes. Not going to buy more pedals for 2, possibly 3 machines - far too tight for that and besides, I like my pedals.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    If you had put a spare blob of grease under your saddle, you could have wiped the gritty stuff on some grass and reapplied.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    If you had put a spare blob of grease under your saddle, you could have wiped the gritty stuff on some grass and reapplied.

I did use grass. '...spare blob of grease under the saddle...". Sounds a bit agricultural and old school. An option I guess.
    Presume the roads are wet and the back wheel flicks cattle dung and dead tourist innards under the saddle.

Despite having to cleanse in the best way possible in the worst possible way, the residual thin layer left over was sufficient. How much do you use?!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Just a smear. I once resorted to rubbing my finger on my chain and wiping it on the pedal to stop the creak. I notice the new models are no longer smooth on the body of the pedal, so I guess it's been a common problem. Mine hadn't creaked for ages but started again Friday, however when I got home the anti slip bit fell off. Mind they were feeling a bit loose been on for 18 months, so probably did need changing.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Just a smear. I once resorted to rubbing my finger on my chain and wiping it on the pedal to stop the creak.

The actions of a true disciple.

About this time last year, I had a look at my cleats and thought I had better change them. About a week passed in the absence of changing thought into action, I was cycling off down my drive, looking at the front tyre in the gravel. I was in two minds as to putting some more air in it - only because it was difficult to gauge as it was buried a fraction. At that moment of hesitation, I had ground to a halt but couldn't unclip because of the dodgy cleats and promptly hit the deck.
  • Stevo_666
    Try flat pedals :)
  • pinno
    Yeah, why don't I just ride a BMX...
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Yeah, why don't I just ride a BMX...
    What a great idea 8)

See you at Bike Park Wales next month. I'll lend you a bike and some armour, you just bring some cojones :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Here you go Stevo - a proper crudder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... ure%3Anews
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Here you go Stevo - a proper crudder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... ure%3Anews

Nah - he'd actually have to clean and service the thing afterwards.