Rigoberto Uran SWorks Tarmac Di2 Corima MCC

bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited September 2016 in Your road bikes
Got this frameset recently 2nd hand for a good price and will be building it up for Majorca over the next couple of weeks.

Unfortunately I can't wait for Di2 9150, so will have to be 9070.

Should come in at 6kg. Size 52cm.

Video here;

Skip to 2.11 ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO1rWeV9JTQ

0162cf1ef1a5e0fc216ba89448ca698168bddc1987.jpg

Comments

• Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    Nice!
  • Nice, I'm even fancying one of those Contador chrome versions
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bernithebiker
    Nice, I'm even fancying one of those Contador chrome versions

Should have bought your Di2 for this - now I'm going to have to cough up for a new set!
  • Very cool Frame 8)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stunning frame need more photos ;)
  • bernithebiker
    Step83 wrote:
    Stunning frame need more photos ;)

Oh all right then! 3 more. Check out the video too.

The Di2 is on it's way (Ribble best deal) and hopefully have this on the road next week.

01571e7100713bd6c7724a22d390d859c767dd58b2_1.jpg
    011ef8e1a1e1255caab4ed6577ea28778ba1ed6fd5_1.jpg
    010014ff004ed26e066ea36fd202d7300aa8e110a1.jpg
  • Now I finally have the Di2 parts, I've got going with the build;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K96gLpzdqTk
  • It's finished!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94wko29AgMk

Still not totally sure on the colour scheme, a bit garish for my tastes, but it's already growing on me!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can't you just take some nice pics and upload them? I'm not that interested in a series of youtube videos, and judging by the lack of comments, I don't think I'm alone.
  • Sorry dude, just thought the videos added an extra perspective and may have helped anyone that's never built a bike before.

Pics to follow shortly.
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Love that frame, I'm increasingly drawn to a Tarmac for my next frameset.
  • NorvernRob wrote:
    Love that frame, I'm increasingly drawn to a Tarmac for my next frameset.

I have nothing but praise for it.* But it's far from a lightweight, at about 950g + 335 fork - almost all the big guys do a lighter frame.

But it's a great blend of handling, comfort, stiffness, etc. and I would be concerned that if they skimmed 150g off it, they might lose some of those qualities.

*apart from the seatpost clamp!
  • Forgot this bit;

IMG_2388.jpg

But although 'Strength and Honor' may apply to Rigoberto, for me I was thinking more along the lines of "Drafting and Caffeine".

Oh and Honor's spelt wrong.
  • Nice build grats. Like you I'm a bit unsure of the colour scheme, hopefully you grow to love it. What is it about the seat post? A pain to remove / re insert?
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'm guessing that it is if you forgot to put something in to keep the wedge in place/ the little gromet to tighten/loosen the clamp
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Yep, I mentioned it in vid No.2 I think, but seems they aren't so popular!

Basically if you don't tilt the bike forward, the wedge falls down the seatpost. It can then go round the BB shell. Mine ended up at the end of the chainstay. Not what you want if you have a race in 3 hours time.

Specialized's official response to me was 'Put our special sleeve in when you remove the seatpost'. OK fine, but just don't forget to tilt the bike forward first.
  • Thats lovely berni what a great build. Well done.

Id love one of them but for me under the rear arch i could have such fine words id have pie and chips or something a bit more relevant to me unfortunately.

Cracking bike!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Which brake cables are you running there Berni?
  • Thats lovely berni what a great build. Well done.

Id love one of them but for me under the rear arch i could have such fine words id have pie and chips or something a bit more relevant to me unfortunately.

Cracking bike!

Thanks Jeff, coming from a bloke that has a collection of fine machines, that's worth a lot!

In Mallorca now, Christ it's hot; 32'C. Hanging onto my guide's wheel for dear life from Establiments to Esporles (and beyond) I saw a new HR max (184) which didn't budge for a good 5 minutes!!
  • mfin wrote:
    Which brake cables are you running there Berni?

I think they're Jagwire - I had some left over from mounting the 3T Aero bar on the OPQS, but not enough to do it all unfortunately. 1 bit is just Shimano DA.
  • Lovely bike, I really liked the videos. Different to just pics, and provides insight and detail to the build.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR