Pegoretti and mosquito bikes

Rudd
Rudd Posts: 264
edited August 2016 in Road general
I'd always promised myself a pegoretti for my 40th. Six month off and I go to look at his website and it looks as if he has stopped producing. Also mosquito bikes who I think were the sole uk dealer seem to have been bought, but not operating? Does anyone know what happened to either?

Thanks

David.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Dario's on Facebook or there is an owners group - why not post there? I've heard of people going direct.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If you're 6 months off your 40th birthday and you've not ordered it yet, I would think about making it a 41st birthday present instead?
  • Rudd
    Thanks and good point. I don't mind waiting. Half the fun is waiting!
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    You sure he's stopped? Doesn't look it from the contacts page
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    Mosquito s no longer his agent - go direct
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Email him direct. You get a prompt reply.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Rudd
    thanks all, yes i will do that. Website is odd, it used to have a description of the different models and this is what threw me:

'From today, mid-November 2012, I decided to stop selling frames in Italy' on the front page.
  • Rudd
    I've researched this a bit now. Mosquito will reopen on the 6th September and Roger Graver will still be there. They will still be the dealer for pegoretti.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Rudd wrote:
    I've researched this a bit now. Mosquito will reopen on the 6th September and Roger Graver will still be there. They will still be the dealer for pegoretti.
    I bought mine direct in 2011. Mosquito were unhelpful, added no value and were more expensive. You send him pictures of you on your bike to his specs. your measurements to his specs. He will send back a CAD drawing of your frame. You'll need to pay a deposit.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo