the deep fix friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,523
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

still dark here, such a waste of riding time, though today will be an easy pootle around to do the shopping and have cafe stops before sunbed time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Decent night out last night after joining a group of other English people including an old school roadie, for the likes of Bowie, stones and Elgin John - so lots of good stories

Today is chilled by the pool and a BBQ later which apparently I'm doing
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning all,
    POETS day at last, leaving about 3.30 to pick the girl up from another appointment, sadly this means I've had to drive in. Riding home in the sunshine last night I decided to extend the ride through Richmond Park, very pleasant. Unfortunately this revealed just how desperately unfit I am as I've not managed much riding at all this year.
  • Pleasant sunny ride in this morning.
    Half day today and heading to Wales for the weekend, hoping to sneak my bike in without her kicking up a fuss.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    I'm not supposed to be in work but I am... Hoping to remedy that ASAP.

Back off holls now and managed five rides whilst away, not massivly exiting rides by European standards but getting a bike on a family holiday is an achivement in itself.

The longest took in the Madonna del Ghisallo, the church dedicated to the patron saint of cycling.

https://www.strava.com/activities/689310389

It was written about in Cyclist a few years ago and I've wanted to do it for a while. The writers wax lyrical about how hard it is, it really isn't.

On the way up:-

DC6DE8A2-3F5D-4AD6-B556-0D4BCABB15F1_zpsunnlt56o.jpg

The church:-

F0D61292-DE09-4ADC-8517-741D5DB4DA95_zps6icwnniq.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    The longest took in the Madonna del Ghisallo, the church dedicated to the patron saint of cycling.

https://www.strava.com/activities/689310389

It was written about in Cyclist a few years ago and I've wanted to do it for a while. The writers wax lyrical about how hard it is, it really isn't.
    Glorious, it really is beautiful round there. We skirted the bottom of the lake on the way home and said we'd be back. Well done, I doubt I could manage that in my current state. Looks like the weather cleared up as the day went on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    oxoman wrote:
    Still sobbering up
    We can tell :)

Another nice pedal into The Big Smoke today. Just filling my face before rounding off the week and getting ready to head North tomorrow. Hopefully everyone will be headed in the other direction to the beach otherwise Saturday is going to be a long day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,324
    Nice pic HD. Pity that heap in the foreground spoils the picture a little.

Me fooked me. Curtailed grass cutting to the bare necessities with strimmer.

Toasties now...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Pah, minion resigned on me just before buggering off on 2 weeks holiday. That said, interviewing kinda beats working for a living so WTF. I'll deal with it next week - time for pedalling then cider.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]