The Champions League 2016/17 , where are Chelski and Manure thread

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
Not a bad draw for the Gooners all in all.

Get to take Mrs W to Paris for my Birthday. Nice trip to Switzerland and Sorry don't even know where Ludogorets is?????

Would have liked Leicesters draw though. Bruge / Porto / and Copenhagen, all great places to go on the lash.

Let the fun begin Hey Citee boy.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    14102994_1107149015988659_4383098860531102876_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    As opposed to this classy bunch...

https://youtu.be/hOjOC1uolQs

:roll:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    At least we have fans :)

14039989_1107141975989363_8794018306658100493_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=436365c8b0b5e7b6361a4bae22bef7a2&oe=5848F5EB
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    Congratulations!

It's heart warming that you've managed to find something to boast about :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Congratulations!

It's heart warming that you've managed to find something to boast about :lol:
    What, like winning the Champions League? :mrgreen:
  • city_boy
    PMSL

You know when your team is sh1t when all you can rattle on about is other team's attendances and your own past endeavours :roll:

What CL group are Cheatski in?

Oh yeah, "The worst ever defence of a PL Title and couldn't even manage a Europa League spot" Group.

It must be really frustrating to have to live in the past to get your kicks :lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    PMSL

You know when your team is sh1t when all you can rattle on about is other team's attendances and your own past endeavours :roll:

What CL group are Cheatski in?

Oh yeah, "The worst ever defence of a PL Title and couldn't even manage a Europa League spot" Group.

It must be really frustrating to have to live in the past to get your kicks :lol::lol:
    CL - been there, done it, got the t-shirt. Unlike some wannabes :wink:
  • city_boy
    I bet you have got the t-shirt!
    Do you wear it everyday or just for special occasions :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    I bet you have got the t-shirt!
    Do you wear it everyday or just for special occasions :wink:
    Not one of those, but we did buy a Barcelona top from the Nou Camp last year :D
  • tim_wand
    Love it !!!!!!!! Just like last years premier league thread. Stevo getting well and truly stuck into a fight he has no dog in!

But Oh that Chelski history. Very easy to recall for the JCL's the last 10 years. Funny how they don't go on about anything PA. ( Pre Abromavich, its like the old testament for Scientologists )
  • Stevo_666
    One for you then Tim :)

13963034_1099432833426944_7171850004069998938_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9
  • Stevo_666
    To answer the question in the thread title, they are currently top of the league :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Wrong thread Stevo, Your not even in this League. Or the Europa for that Matter! Thought you d be making more of the fact that Boro are Level on Points with a game in hand on the Gooners.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Wrong thread Stevo, Your not even in this League. Or the Europa for that Matter! Thought you d be making more of the fact that Boro are Level on Points with a game in hand on the Gooners.
    Well you did ask where they were Tim :wink:

I was going to wait until after the Boro game tomorrow before commenting as if we don't lose, we'll be ahead of The Ar$e on points :D

BTW how was the Holkham gig?
  • tim_wand
    Delayed start. Not travelling to Burnham Thorpe until Tuesday, Mrs W has a work based Bank Holiday staffing problem , which will pay for the whole trip, Told her she should employ more eastern Europeans and less teenagers.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Delayed start. Not travelling to Burnham Thorpe until Tuesday, Mrs W has a work based Bank Holiday staffing problem , which will pay for the whole trip, Told her she should employ more eastern Europeans and less teenagers.
    Every cloud etc.

Still, would be a bit weird seeing level 42 etc in Norfolk. The Wurzels would be more appropriate (apparently they're still touring :) )
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Well you did ask where they were Tim :wink:

I was going to wait until after the Boro game tomorrow before commenting as if we don't lose, we'll be ahead of The Ar$e on points :D
    UTFB :D

I heard the club shop at The Emirates is selling an Arsenal table lamp. Looks perfect in the middle of the table :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    they are currently top of the league :wink:

Hope you got a screenshot of the table...you might want to continuously refer back that that awesome achievement throughout the course of this season :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Hope you got a screenshot of the table...you might want to continuously refer back that that awesome achievement throughout the course of this season :wink:
    Likewise City - your next game is against Manure at Old Trafford, so somebody will be dropping points in 2 weeks time :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Likewise City - your next game is against Manure at Old Trafford, so somebody will be dropping points in 2 weeks time :)

Maybe. But I'm not the one gobbing off about being top of the league after 3 games! :D
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    tim wand wrote:
    Love it !!!!!!!! Just like last years premier league thread. Stevo getting well and truly stuck into a fight he has no dog in!

But Oh that Chelski history. Very easy to recall for the JCL's the last 10 years. Funny how they don't go on about anything PA. ( Pre Abromavich, its like the old testament for Scientologists )

As this is a European trophy thread Tim, please tell everybody what exactly did your lot do in all that time? The Fairs Cup? :lol: Yes we may have won a fair bit since Mr Abramovich came along, but so what? Do you think we give a fark? I'm surprised at you Timmy, because as I've said before you're obviously a proper football man. However many times you try and pretend we only came along post Roman, the facts don't lie. A bigger and more significant European trophy than your lot in the seventies and just in case you need reminding the only English team to have won every European trophy. Good luck in the CL this season, gawd knows you are going to need it! :wink: I'm actually looking forward to a season out of it. We can concentrate on the most important trophy, that's the domestic title in case you've forgotten, understandable. :D And all the money I'm going to save on the extra games can go on bike stuff. Marvellous.
  • Stevo_666
    Good luck in the CL this season, gawd knows you are going to need it! :wink:
    That needs to be addressed to City Boy as well :D
  • cornerblock
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think that they actually have as good a chance as ever of winning it. They have actually got rid of their final excuse for not doing so. The expectation level has gone up a few notches now Pep is there. What is odd is that City never receive the same flak from others for having such a rich benefactor.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think that they actually have as good a chance as ever of winning it. They have actually got rid of their final excuse for not doing so. The expectation level has gone up a few notches now Pep is there. What is odd is that City never receive the same flak from others for having such a rich benefactor.
    You're right, they have no excuses this year.

I suppose we're too busy laughing about the Emptihad to give them stick about being funded by a small nation and never winning the CL :)

Cp1Bmu8WIAAXlOv.jpg
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Attendances? What about Chelsea before the money turned up? I bet they show a real correlation. From what I remember the late 80's was dire.
  • Stevo_666
    Attendances? What about Chelsea before the money turned up? I bet they show a real correlation. From what I remember the late 80's was dire.
    But this is City some time after the money has turned up and they still can't fill their stadium on Peps inaugural home game (or as City fans call it, 'a trip to Manchester' ) :P
  • cornerblock

Yes because football began in the 80's! :roll: Every club has suffered a spell when their attendances have dipped. May be down to poor form, hooliganism, crumbling ground, being badly run. If a club is very unfortunate it could be all of those at the same time! Never mind the still third highest ever league attendance at an English ground eh? I am pretty sure that was before Roman rocked up. Never mind even the estimated 100,000 who turned up at Stamford Bridge to see them play Moscow Dynamo. Again well before Roman had ever sold a cuddly toy. You can pick a season or two from every top club and find a low crowd, a poor average, so what? Not sure of the exact posisition but I think you'll find that Chelsea's average attendance over all years, not just the 80's when you seem to have taken an interest, is probably top 5-6 maybe.

Oh Roman, Roman, where art thou Roman?

BxNBdJEIAAAgkfF.jpg
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    You really do care don't you? :D
  • cornerblock
    You really do care don't you? :D

:lol: Well I'm a true supporter if that's what you mean. Followed them all over along with others through many a dark day, and get a bit pi**ed off when people, usually those who talk about 'history' as if their club is the only one with it! What does it even mean? Every club has a history. I'll accept that we were so lucky when Abramovich came along, could have been another club. Legend has it he flew over White Hart a Lane in a helicopter saw Tottenham and said keep going! I accept that we have, like other clubs, some idiot supporters. I'll even concede that Jose rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way, even the fans of his own club! I can't have it though when we're spoken of as if we didn't exist before Roman. We even won a European trophy before the History Boys for gawds sake! And I will say it again it's very strange how we get a lot of stick and criticism for the backing we got yet others seem to be free from any at all. My own theory, go with it! The reason we are so disliked by many is that when Roman came along he broke up a nice little cosy cartel. United one year, Arsenal next, United again....Not to mention pushing Liverpool way down the pecking order. Never won a Premier League! :lol: Yeah they hate us alright!

Aside from all that, I don't really care! :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Some Good Valid Comments from CB. It is contradictory the amount of slaver Chelski get from having a benevolent owner as compared to Citee.

Citee have for years lived in the shadow of an even more odious team than any other ( Manure ) and I personally like seeing all the North West Home counties fans change shirts and affinities every season , now Citee finish above Manure in the league.

My personal Jibe is that they are a fellow London Club, Who admittedly have better recent success than us ( Can hardly get wound up about the Totteringhams nowadays they are just a joke )

I first started having the income to travel to football independently in the mid 80's and some of those unsavoury elements at Chelski that CB mentions were certainly at the fore front then, going to the bridge was like a special Ops mission for a 15/ 16 year old in those days.

My other main grumble is the Prawn Sandwhiching of football ( that Roy Keane so loves ), we are as guilty as anyone and I d definitely exempt CB from this ( although I ve never met him ). But in my recent returns to the Bridge , the phenonumum seems more evident there than elsewhere.

Chelski have always had a knack of fielding the Player everyone hates, Whether it be Chopper Harris, Denis Wise, That C%nt Terry or Diego Costa.

The clubs locale in the richest borough of London doesn't help either. But as CB eloquently states " they aint bothered and why should they be ?"

If I m totally Honest, seeing the Business Success model predominating over taking any risk at the cost of sporting success that Kronke has imposed on Arsenal under the collaboration of Wenger, I m also just a tad jealous that you have an owner who genuinely wants success at your club at any cost.