Had decided, but have been told i cant use Halford (cycle scheme)

zetax
zetax Posts: 6
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

Im using the cycle scheme at work to get a new bike, and had already picked out 2 bikes i really liked.

13 Incline Alpha
Rockrider 580

However, i have now been told i have to use the retailers allowed by cyclescheme.co.uk which include:
Evans Cycles
Wiggle.co.uk
Chain Reaction Cycles
Sigma Sport

There are also a handful of local places in the Guildford area that i could make it to. Is anyone able to recommend a hardtail in the £400-£500 from these retailers?

My uses would be hilly countryside cycling. Wouldn't necessarily be going to trail centers, but would like to have that option open to me.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Comments

• mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    The specialized pitch sport hard tail from evans is a reasonable proposition, from evans, as a starting point to compare specs.
  • zetax
    zetax Posts: 6
    Also just realised that Decathlon is part of the cyclescheme but just not online (weird). Which would mean a 20 mile drive and then sticking it in the back of my fiesta. Which i can do.

So i guess the Rockrider 580 is still an option
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I'd be tempted by this one from Evans:
    https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-ja ... e-EV244131

CBA to look at the rest of the sites for suggestions but someone else might have a good suggestion form them, especially Decathalon.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.